Topic: Who's in for Barber?

The Inglorious Bastards wouldn't miss it for anything. That place is a cathedral. First class everything. Get there early and tour the museum. World class place for motor heads. I plan on bringing the Bird and the Pinto.

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

Re: Who's in for Barber?

White Trash Racing will be there.

gerryrin wrote:

The Inglorious Bastards wouldn't miss it for anything. That place is a cathedral. First class everything. Get there early and tour the museum. World class place for motor heads. I plan on bringing the Bird and the Pinto.

You are absolutely right about the museum.

Hell, you're absolutely right about all of it...except maybe the Pinto.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Yes Apocolyptic Racing will be there with a plan too good to fail.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

gerryrin wrote:

The Inglorious Bastards wouldn't miss it for anything.  I plan on bringing the Bird and the Pinto.

Fuzzy Blumpkins are in!!

Add another Pinto to the mix!!!!

2014 Spring Southern Discomfort- I.O.E. Winner 1956 Crown Vic , Fall CMP 5th place class C Pinto,
2015 Barber 2nd class C Pinto, 2015 Class C WINNER Spring CMP, 2015 Fall CMP Mid pack class B

Fuzzy Blumpkins/GoPher Broke - 1979 Pinto Limited Edition Squire "Titleless", 1988 Merkur XR4TI......why oh why?

Still pending....

Although, this morning I woke up to 54 degrees and light rain here in SoFla which might as well be 20 below for me. It makes me seriously consider reconnecting the Estate's heater for a winter race in AL.

Yes, I am pansy.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

6 (edited by revvhappy 2014-11-19 06:13 AM)

Those who also run the other series had to make a choice between Barber and Road Atlanta...   sad Panda.    Two Bucket-List tracks only 2.5 hours apart.

I wonder which will be more difficult in the snow...

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

We're trying to see if we can get our act together to bring the two new cars from our Moonshine division to Barber...still being discussed.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Still Pending.  Did they HQ already sent out acceptances?

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Mock Grass Racing will be there.  We will see if we can't blow up two engines this time.

revvhappy wrote:

Those who also run the other series had to make a choice between Barber and Road Atlanta...   sad Panda.    Two Bucket-List tracks only 2.5 hours apart.

I wonder which will be more difficult in the snow...

Barber over Road Atlanta, Easy.

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Two Pintos on the hallowed Barber course!? Blasphemy! Or tragedy! Or Magnificent! Prolly all of the above!

Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

No acceptances yet.....but it won't be long! I'm like I was when I ordered the toy on the cereal box last week! Can't wait!

They usually post & email the acceptance notices the week after the entry dead line. So you still have another 3 weeks or so. As long as I can get 1 or 2 more drivers, there will be a Gremlin there.

It Ain't My Fault

Holy 70's Batman! Two Pintos AND a Gremlin?! Anybody have a Vega or a Maverick?

Based on last year, I don't expect this race will fill up.  So all these people saying they'll be there just mean they've placed an entry on the database.

Enjoy the track!  It's a little too early in the year for me this time.  But I sure hope to make it there in 2016!

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I'm hoping for better conditions this time although we got in a bunch of full speed laps. Every lap I turned last year had me grinning ear to ear.

That track was terrifying in the rain with 2/32 tires. I'm hoping for sunny and dry the entire weekend.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

FPRbuzz wrote:

That track was terrifying in the rain with 2/32 tires. I'm hoping for sunny and dry the entire weekend.

And I thought I was just being a weenie.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

When a heavy 110hp car with narrow all season tires is stepping out there is something going wrong.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

Duff Beer will be there. As usual, we will bring the Duff car. This year was the first time that we've done an entire season (9 events) on the same motor, and it's still running well, so we're going for 2.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

We will be there.

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

Zero Energy Racing is signed up, we'll see if we get accepted.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing
Somewhat quick and moderately angsty.

Tetanus entry submitted... who knows which car will be fixed in time for the race, though!

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

We've entered.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

We've managed to get our act together for 1 car, new to us.  The second one, also new to us, is still in TX and hasn't made it to its new home in NC yet to see if we can get it ready in time, so for now, we are confirmed with 1.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Team Bmtroubleu will be there with our pile!  Looking forward to racing with all yall!

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"