Topic: It'd be great to get a K update...

You guys need to update the K nation on your progress. 

Por Favor

This space for rent.

Re: It'd be great to get a K update...

Bring it to MSR-H!

I'll bring more glitter!

Its still terrible....end of update

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Succinct and to the point.

Perfect.

This space for rent.

From Twitter yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/fysxLCu.jpg

So they've started by purging the worst part of the car. I told Randy to be sure to sprinkle it with holy water before burning. A papal blessing may not be enough, but it couldn't hurt.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

From Twitter yesterday:

So they've started by purging the worst part of the car. I told Randy to be sure to sprinkle it with holy water before burning. A papal blessing may not be enough, but it couldn't hurt.

There's gotta be at least seven dollars worth of scrap copper there!

fiasco wrote:
therood wrote:

From Twitter yesterday:

There's gotta be at least seven dollars worth of scrap copper there!

That's just from under the dash.  Truthfully, this car needs more work than people knew.  There were burned wire shorting to the firewall, a plastic tube type oil pressure gauge, the entire dash was held in by one bolt......I'm way to OCD to let it race like that.  So look for it at the 24 hour race.

It's not too late to crush it! CRUSH IT! CRUSH IT!

Pretty sure crushing it won't end it.  It will haunt the last owner until the end of times.  Only chance you have is to get some other sucker to buy it.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Judge Phil wrote:

O sure, then get the bill for the repair when the crusher breaks trying to squash it.

Judge Phil wrote:

If you crush it, the forces of evil encapsulated in the K-car will pass to The Crusher. The Crusher could become self-aware and try to end society as we know it!

CRUSHING K-CAR ENDS WORLD, NEXT ON FAUX NUWZ!!!!

when EVERYONE gets tired of the K car, it needs to make it to NWPA. I wanna drive it to work, but if I can't, I can still give it a proper viking funeral.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

K is the "Honey Badger" of Lemons - K Don't give a shit!  She's Nasty.

This space for rent.

I like the K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Yep.

This space for rent.

Lets see it guys!

This space for rent.

You scrapped the whole dash for one shorting wire?  smile   I hope you kept the top!

And there were three out of the four bolts that held the hand-made dash face on when _we_ were running it!  You are all a buncha monkeys, ya know that!

You know, the longer you keep her, and the more like a 'race car' you treat her, the more energy will get built up. . . watch out!

Oh, and the reason I wrote was that there's something I've been holding on to since I last saw the K last spring. . . it'll be on your doorstep the week before its next race!

Let us know what a bit of OCD+K= !

OK it's time for another K update.  Did the meds help?

This space for rent.

So I got the Mystery Wagon from California Team and then I realized its on a K platform!  Oh man !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Meds helped.  Issue will be windshield

DC Doug may help you with that one.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

DC Doug may help you with that one.

Absolutely not. I have no regrets about smashing that windshield with the K's bent rod other than it upset Overzet and his wife. I have more time and medical bills in that car than anyone. Someone should, as Judge Phil repeatedly implored, burn that eff'n thing down.

That said, I might be willing to find a local K shitbox, make a windshield template, and send it to you. Lexan should be fine since the K-car would/should never be entered into a true 24 hour race (night racing), but only if you promise to burn that eff'n thing down after installing the Lexan.

Deal?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

23 (edited by INVUJerry 2015-06-29 04:09 AM)

I was talking to my buddy yesterday about my crappy wagon and he mentioned this team.  I happen to have a crap can k wagon I'd be willing to sell for way cheap. I'm in Glen Burnie, MD.

I also really love k cars. A 3.3 will bolt up to a 5 speed out of a 2.7 stratus. My personal vote is to swap in a 2.0 and 5 speed from a neon. My "nice" wagon has a SRT-4 swap and other than welding some mounts up it bolts in.

24 (edited by fleming95 2015-06-29 10:04 AM)

INVUJerry wrote:

I was talking to my buddy yesterday about my crappy wagon and he mentioned this team.  I happen to have a crap can k wagon I'd be willing to sell for way cheap. I'm in Glen Burnie, MD.

I also really love k cars.

What insane person doesn't?  They do make _DOMINATING_ race cars!

And racing a K wagon sounds great - get in touch with DC Doug and I'm sure that he'll give you lots of advice.

INVUJerry wrote:

A 3.3 will bolt up to a 5 speed out of a 2.7 stratus. My personal vote is to swap in a 2.0 and 5 speed from a neon. My "nice" wagon has a SRT-4 swap and other than welding some mounts up it bolts in.

Stratus + K = Class C victory, right guys?

25 (edited by INVUJerry 2015-06-29 07:27 PM)

fleming95 wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

I also really love k cars.

What insane person doesn't?  They do make _DOMINATING_ race cars!

And racing a K wagon sounds great - get in touch with DC Doug and I'm sure that he'll give you lots of advice.

INVUJerry wrote:

A 3.3 will bolt up to a 5 speed out of a 2.7 stratus. My personal vote is to swap in a 2.0 and 5 speed from a neon. My "nice" wagon has a SRT-4 swap and other than welding some mounts up it bolts in.

Stratus + K = Class C victory, right guys?

You could also do a 2.4 from a stratus/Cirrus/PT Cruiser/Minivan, bolted up to a neon transmission and use neon axles.  Lots of combinations to fit.  I have a bunch of random neon information from owning 10 of the stupid things over the last 11 years.

And I wish I'd have time to build a Lemons car, but I don't.  I'd be more than happy to give ideas, bring beer, or turn a few wrenches but I don't have time personally.

But, I've found my new favorite forum to lurk on.  Thanks guys, and thanks Blair if you see this.

But seriously, if someone wants a running/driving k-wagon with 299K miles on it and no floor pan on the driver's side, let me know.  I'll sell it for slightly more than crazy rays prices.