Topic: Who's going to Sonoma in January?

We have been accepted but may not be able to make it after all.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Re: Who's going to Sonoma in January?

With our record of blowing up engines we probably won't be there. Haven't told my wife about it yet either...

Hella Shitty Racing Goin' for Broken '10, Arse-Sweat '10, Arse-Freeze '10, Sears Pointless '11, Skankaway '11, Arse-Freeze '11, Arse-Sweat '12, Sears Pointless '13, Arse-Sweat '13, Northworst '13, Vodden '13, Pointless '14, Button Turrible '14, Arse-Freeze 2014,  Sears Pointless 2015, Arse Sweat 2015

rdoherty wrote:

With our record of blowing up engines we probably won't be there. Haven't told my wife about it yet either...

Funny, I haven't told my wife either!

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

#58 Crown Vic is in. If it blows up next weekend it will be replaced with the Rambler with vacuum operated windshield wipers, that don't work so well sad

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Because prime time rice field Duck huntin was supposed to be happening then, I didn't register up front.
However, no decomp rice water=no waterfowl. Therefor I finally got around to signing up.
Who the hell picked #19?? Now I've got to black duct tape a "1" behind my costly, custom decal #19 to make #191
So--we'll be there.
W/funky #'s on the doors and roof.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

chdonley2 wrote:

Who the hell picked #19?? Now I've got to black duct tape a "1" behind my costly, custom decal #19 to make #191

I will take decal smile

zadar wrote:

I will take decal smile

So-- are you the person who picked #19 for the Sonoma race.  Wanna trade # for something not too expensive?? Name your price.
I see #6, or #14, or #18 are still available,. Those #'s have been extremely successful in Lemons racing. I would grab one of those except I already have permanently attached #19 to the Thunderchicken. And #19 has not been a winning #. True, you can look it up.
Chuck

M45 Racing,

Scuderia Limoni is in!  Since we drive a reliable Italian car, there is zero chance of anything breaking during the December race, so we're thinking of just leaving it there over the holidays to resume racing in January.  Ah, the joy.

bs

chdonley2 wrote:
zadar wrote:

I will take decal smile

So-- are you the person who picked #19 for the Sonoma race.  Wanna trade # for something not too expensive?? Name your price.
I see #6, or #14, or #18 are still available,. Those #'s have been extremely successful in Lemons racing. I would grab one of those except I already have permanently attached #19 to the Thunderchicken. And #19 has not been a winning #. True, you can look it up.
Chuck

I will ask my team mate, he picked number. It is his motorcycle race number. He was exited his number was available.
Personally I don't care what number is on the car smile

Chuck, if we can easily switch to #6 you can have 19.
How are numbers assigned anyway? Is this per race bases or once you get number you keep it?
How did we get your #19 if number stays with car?

Numbers are selected at the time you enter a race or you can choose not to select one until right before the database closes.  It's just first come/first serve.  A couple of my cars lost the numbers they have been running for a few years to others in next year's races.  A duct tape "1" in front pretty much fixes it.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

zadar wrote:

Chuck, if we can easily switch to #6 you can have 19.

PM sent.

M45 Racing,

I took someone's number for the Omega. Nick sent me an email stating that they wanted it. Since there are no numbers on our project yet. I just gave it to them. I register for every race I think I can make it to as soon as the schedule comes out, only because I am lazy and do not want to change my decals on my car.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

I just changed our so Chuck can get his 19.

zadar wrote:

I just changed our so Chuck can get his 19.

Whining works. I don't care what the rule says. And-- I just saved 2' of duct tape. Back on budget!
Thanks Z.

M45 Racing,

At the rate we're moving on our new build, we'll be lucky to make Sonoma in March.  Way more rust and rot than we thought...

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

I'm with Zadar,  the only payment I request for relinquishing the highly covetted #19 is that I can sit in your car and make Vroom-Vrooom noises.

Hope it worked out for you to get the number.

FlatulentDan wrote:

can I sit in your car and make Poom-Poom noises?

Dear Flatulence:  Probably not.
But I will find Zadar next weekend @ Sears and give him the appropriate remuneration for surrendering your # to us.

chuck

M45 Racing,

I got the crappy Honda and the Picachew/stickerubaru/Baja in

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

We are officially out of the January race. Two team members can't make it & one is questionable. There is now an open slot if anyone wants to jump in.

Is the race filled up already? 170-ish teams again?

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

It appears we are dropping out as well.  I'll be in Tulsa for Chili Bowl and wouldn't arrive until after the race starts and my slacker teammates can't get it together enough to get themselves, much less 2 cars up there.  Wondering if our waitlisted exemption can be extended to March.  We'll see.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

zanzabar88 wrote:

Is the race filled up already? 170-ish teams again?

Word on the street (er, paddock, as of last weekend) is that it is not even close to full.

The Vattenmelon Vagn is in... though with new owners and new drivers. Not the ringer "hot shoes" I had out there for Arse Freeze. In other words, Class B is most likely well out of our reach ever again. But I'm pretty sure we'll have the TV running in-car by then.

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Team Camel Toe will be there for sure.  We're going to try and setup in the same location....free German beer & food Saturday night again!

TCT Performance & Racing, LLC
Faster Farms Ranch, Knightsen, CA