Re: New Jersey to mandate head-and-neck restraints in 2015

Judge Phil wrote:

A couple times at the first NJMP race, the cop in the tower ordered someone black-flagged because he "didn't like the way they were driving." So, I relayed that info to the driver and sent him on his way. Apparently, the NJ cops can issue moving violations for stuff that happens on the race track, which means you can get points on your driver's license for a four-off in a race. Hasn't happened yet in Lemons, though.

I am getting ready to go race in Mexico in April.

I understand that the Mexican Authorities can also legally ticket you in closed course racing (not just public transit sections).

I cannot find any instance of this being levied in Mexico but hey, its something to work for right?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

cut/paste a response from the NJSP in regards to the restraint law.  It only pertains to ovals and appears to be in direct response to Jason Leffler's death in a sprint car and a girl getting killed in a TQ/quarter midget (can't remember which one it was)

There will be clarification on the rule available as soon as next week. The rule only pertains to vehicles subject to Chapter 62, Subchapter 4 ( Oval Racing ). Quarter Midgets and Karts have there own Subchapters and will not be subjected to the change this year. Champ Karts do fall under Subchapter 4 and will be subject to the SFI 38.1 Head and Neck restraint requirement. Both Trenton and Atlantic City come before the March 1st 2015 compliance date so it will not be an issue for either of the events.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Det. II Matthew Kowalski #6735
Fatal Accident Investigation Unit
Motor Vehicle Racing Control Squad
Traffic & Public Safety Bureau New Jersey State Police

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

"Motor Vehicle Racing Control Squad"

Sounds like a team name or theme.

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)