Re: Who's in for Barber?

Mental wrote:
Sonic wrote:

We just had a shakedown run at Road Atlanta with our new car that is going to Barber.  After Mental got out of the car he proclaimed that he had so much time while going down the straight that he got his taxes done.   So, watch for point bys from us, we're going as fast as we can.

He totally not kidding. I have never been to any track event where I didn't at least pass someone..but this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etckl2q … kGFJ9olJIA

Are you bringing a mirror and sandpaper?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

102 (edited by soldmystang 2015-01-22 11:35 AM)

rmcdaniels wrote:

Beers are all bottled; we'll have four varieties this time. Car needs a lot of work, tow vehicle is in pieces, and I'll be stuck in Oregon for 10 days before the race, but we'll have beer:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6475-rosemary.jpg
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6476-smoked.jpg
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6473-english2.png
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6474-irish2.png

Those women look suspiciously like Trophy Girls.......... weren't you against such objectification????

Save me one of the Ales please.....

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

The girly labels are Robert's. I don't have a color printer, so I have to be more artsy, although I do really like my Boondock Saints label.

I was never against the objectification of women as trophy girls. I don't care enough about the issue to be for or against it. Consenting adults, etc. I was just supportive of the decision to remove it from the FB page, which I thought was the right decision.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

That might interfere with my current plan to just show up and then bitch about whatever situation that I find there.

Talked to Rus Hardy at Barber.  He was nice enough to give me some insight into the schedule.

He said that Porsche currently has the track for the day on Friday, but the event has been cancelled and rebooked a couple of times.

If the Porsche event is still on, we'll be parked in lot G until Prosche is done.  That in theory could be as late as 5-5:30, but probably earlier.  They are working with Lemons to figure out how to do tech.

If the Porsche event is off, we'll be let into the paddock area at 8AM.  I'll be checking back with them the week of the race to see when we need to leave the house.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

NSF wrote:

Dave, lets see this floppy eared car!  Since you have a secret project you aren't talking about.  If you have an unveiling ceremony I will send Ron Vickers over in a blue Speedo to capture the moment.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg506/robkeller/dog%20and%20rad004_zpsz6q9icxl.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg506/robkeller/dog%20and%20rad006_zpsmbynpo9q.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg506/robkeller/dog%20and%20rad002_zpslktvsbgp.jpg

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/that-amp-039-s-a-nice-beaver-you-have-there_o_3508251.jpg

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Mental wrote:
Sonic wrote:

We just had a shakedown run at Road Atlanta with our new car that is going to Barber.  After Mental got out of the car he proclaimed that he had so much time while going down the straight that he got his taxes done.   So, watch for point bys from us, we're going as fast as we can.

He totally not kidding. I have never been to any track event where I didn't at least pass someone..but this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etckl2q … kGFJ9olJIA

Damn, I'm glad you posted your in car instead of mine.  With the truck being such a momentum car, it took an eternity to get down that back straight.  I was looking for the radio to fuck around with while going down that...maybe pick my nose, scratch my ass...

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

You should've driven the Pinto at CMP.  Only passed the Eventful Frontenac, the Fuego! (FTW), and the diesel Toyomerc.  It ran better on only 3 cylinders at Summit (till it overheated).  I think it topped out at 70-75 mph on the long back straight.

What're you saying?!? Haha. I think this time the injector pump will actually be getting fuel. That might help us some.

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

Brett85p wrote:

I thought about it, but figured a car that can hold together might be less frustrating. Dude if you are there,find me. I totally owe you a drink.

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

Mental wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

I thought about it, but figured a car that can hold together might be less frustrating. Dude if you are there,find me. I totally owe you a drink.

I'll be there, driving with Marc and team in the V6 MR2 and Accord.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

This is killing me that I will be out of town and not be able to attend. I had a blast watching all of you guys last year.

-Jason

10 day forecast is showing highs around 50 and 0% chance of rain! 
Now as long as the forecast doesn't change much...

Also, this is only a week away!

See you suckers there

Firebelly wrote:

See you suckers there

0% chance of rain?  That's a shame.  Barber in the rain gives you your money's worth when it comes to pucker factor and adrenaline.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

ICAustinMiniMan wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

You should've driven the Pinto at CMP.  Only passed the Eventful Frontenac, the Fuego! (FTW), and the diesel Toyomerc.  It ran better on only 3 cylinders at Summit (till it overheated).  I think it topped out at 70-75 mph on the long back straight.

What're you saying?!? Haha. I think this time the injector pump will actually be getting fuel. That might help us some.

Hey, I just saw a picture on a top secret FB page of some dude riding my yellow manta ray at CMP fall.  looks like it could have been you, by the pic on here.  That bike gets around...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

yukadas wrote:
Firebelly wrote:

See you suckers there

0% chance of rain?  That's a shame.  Barber in the rain gives you your money's worth when it comes to pucker factor and adrenaline.

0% chance of rain at a Lemons race outside of Buttonwillow (and maybe T-Hill and Miller) is a sucker's bet. I literally can't remember the last Lemons race I attended that didn't get rained upon at some point. Maybe Joliet '12?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Work has been interfering with getting stuff done in the evenings.  Lost the driver that was going to come into town to help with the last minute thrash this week to a blown back. 

Recalculating...

Recalculating...

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

rmcdaniels wrote:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6474-irish2.png

Does the Irish Ale come with two pennies for the end of the evening?

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

We were kind of hoping that the beer won't actually kill anyone. I mean, no guarantees, I did make the stuff in my kitchen, but as far as I know nobody's died from it yet.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Firebelly wrote:

See you suckers there

They can hardly predict the weather 24 hours in advance, much less 240 hours.  I usually wait until 48 hours out before I even look as not to torture myself.

Our car is sitting on the trailer ready to go!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

1) watch Miller's in-car of entire 2013 Porsche 250 at Barber until corners are almost recognizable

2) get paranoid about WTF am I forgetting THIS time?

3) go through the excited/nervous cycle seven times a day in giddy anticipation

4) gaze lustily at Rob's forum posts where he slowly reveals the beer selection for the weekend

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

VKZ24 wrote:

They can hardly predict the weather 24 hours in advance, much less 240 hours.  I usually wait until 48 hours out before I even look as not to torture myself.

Our car is sitting on the trailer ready to go!

Meh, that part of the Us is lots easir to predict than many places.  I think last year they predicted the (Southern States Version) of the apocalypse almost two weeks in advance.

We just got barely shy of 2' of snow in 28 hours.  Predictions from most weather authorities as 9"

Atlanta successfully call the last two "ice storms of the century" more and a week in advance.

Firebelly wrote:

See you suckers there

Which has now almost predictably turned to 10% and 70%.  And of course it will probably change again since it is just Monday.

2014 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 4th overall
2015 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 5th overall, CMP (in the #100 Alexander Racing Accord) 30 something overall
2016 Barber (in the Burningham Too #255 Lexus SC300) 12th overall after 28 penalty laps

123 (edited by NSF 2015-02-02 08:04 PM)

NO RAIN!!  Because We spent two full days rebuilding the wipers on a 56 year old car.   They work flawlessly. 

You're welcome.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

NO RAIN!!  Because We spent two full days rebuilding the wipers on a 56 year old car.   They work flawlessly. 

You're welcome.

I actually cannot conceive a more reliable method to banish precipitation than just such an endeavor. Allow me to be the first to say: Thank You!

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

The rain sucked last year. I had the flu and my cocaptain had "other issues." The last thing we wanted to do was load the trailer in the rain. Then we drive 8 hours home, wet. Ugggggg...

Oh, and our driver came in without working brake lights and told us not to fix them because it wasn't safe. This time the tires won't be 2/32 at 52psi

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"