Topic: Lemons Awareness & Fundraising

Hazzardous Racing along with Glue Stick Racing and possibly Prompt Critical are looking to start taking our cars to local events to raise money and awareness. Would any other local (Southern New Jersey) teams like to get in on this?

The first event we are looking at going to is in March. It is a car show/swap meet. I have attached the info below if anyone would like to check it out. If you have any interest in being involved contact me.

Mike Warner
Hazzardous Racing
warnersta7@gmail.com

http://www.cliffscalendar.com/Salem%20C … h%2022.pdf

Hazzardous Racing - 1981 RX7 "General Wee"
NJMP - Spring 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 76th) / NJMP - Fall 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 91st) / CMP - South Fall 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 66th) / NJMP 15' (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 32nd)

Re: Lemons Awareness & Fundraising

Just want to point out that using the forum to solicit for donations isn't allowed.

You are welcome to talk about a cause but not ask for donations or sell anything related to it. For any of those activities users need to contact you directly instead of on the forum.

This was not a request for a donation. This was a gauge of interest in getting teams together to go out and raise interest and money at an event to then donate to Alex's Lemonade Stand.

NJMP - Spring 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 76th) / NJMP - Fall 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 91st) / CMP - South Fall 2014 (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 66th) / NJMP 15' (Took The Checkered Flag Finished 32nd)

These posts many times have turned into requests for donations. Just making sure this one doesn't end up going that way.

Glue Stick Racing is excited about the opportunity to help some of the local kids in our area!  We'll post events on here to come out and show support.   Also, if you want to help out, bring your car, or just hang out let us know.  The bigger the party the better!!!

Also, if your in the Delaware Valley area it is also a fun way to meet other local teams and exchange ideas.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

6 (edited by TigeRyan 2015-03-02 08:32 PM)

Let me know when, fairly certain Team Emoticons and our Ford Festiva would try and make it to an event of two...always good to help a great cause and raise some money for them as well as raise awareness as to what Lemons racing is, all in one swoop....

We are based out of Blackwood, NJ

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

TigeRyan email me for details we would love to have another car or 5 in the group. Bigger showing = Bigger awareness of Lemons and support for ALS.

warnersta7@gmail.com

I'd like to bring our car, but its not exactly in one piece, running, rolling, or able to be found under a snow bank right now.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

LOL!  If there is a big thaw bring it down.  No need to have it running, we'll help push.  I am considering painting mine while there.  Maybe a display, or a donation to help paint, it will be fun either way.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

also you should contact "You Dont Know Jersey" for some coverage.  Heck, they may already be going.

They are a great group of people, and are familiar with Lemons from hanging around with our team.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Humm...This is kinda a good idea. We almost drove our Lemons cars to the local IFO...but we had to focus on getting them running....

TX2K15 is close to where we house our cars.... Might go out there....

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

We figure this serves 3 purposes....

1: Raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand which is a good cause.

2: Get the word out about the Lemons Racing Series

3: Get local teams together to just have a good time.