Re: Lemons Extremes List

The Wonderment Consortium's covered wagon at RA may qualify as tallest/worst aero as well.
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LWI13/400%20-%20IMG_4163.jpg

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Drdanteiii wrote:

this has to be in contention for the heaviest...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/0f/a8/760fa840dfb11136d6f3d3ee0999095b.jpg

I mean, really, its the fucking titanic.

That's my Lemonlimo it cruised at 32 mph with the Cruise control on ,also got 17 mpg most of race .
But the llast hour it used 10 gallons because I decided to Haul Ass and in which it pulled  2:41 at BUTTONTURRIBLE.
Which was one of the fastest class C cars.
It weighed 6200 before the interior was pulled out .

It also was first for brakes to catch Fire thanks to Jonny Leibermann !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Pretty sure we own "Most Puffalumps."

The only extreme thing I can think of that our team might have achieved is "most fuel leaks that were really only caused by the gas cap." We're at 2 so far, on separate occasions. The quarter panel now has a large, visible reference mark (we call it the Dana Line) to ensure the cap is fully tightened.

Lemony_Snicket wrote:

Not sure if these have been contributed yet: the birthday cake Volvo could be a Worst Aero contender...and the Nutjob Wag-O-Van in the air-stairs livery could be one of the tallest.

Would "Largest Spoiler" go to Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce as well?

http://fastfotos.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v79/p1525647084-4.jpg

With a 25 square foot wing and an additional almost 30 square foot of side panels, I haven't seen any larger.

Tallest would need to have Dave Morrow's car that had the tree on it in the discussion.  I know the Brickmobile is 10' tall when we go to "full downforce mode" and stand the wing up as high as we can.  It is just barely under 8' tall in normal race trim.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:

With a 25 square foot wing and an additional almost 30 square foot of side panels, I haven't seen any larger.

Tallest would need to have Dave Morrow's car that had the tree on it in the discussion.  I know the Brickmobile is 10' tall when we go to "full downforce mode" and stand the wing up as high as we can.  It is just barely under 8' tall in normal race trim.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zFRvepqfyGU/UeF0bf_HAqI/AAAAAAAADuk/aJBwGqBGDFo/s400/.jpg

We've got it beat in plan area.  Our wing is ~25sqft without the flap extended or the winglets.  We've only run with the side panels once before we decided they weren't worth the weight, but they weren't nearly as big as the Brickmobile's.

Downforce (and drag) is proportional to the square of speed, so whatever downforce you have at 40mph, you'll have 4 times as much at 80.  That's why our wing pivots.  The gas shock acts as a mechanical fuse and levels out the wing at high speed.  A fixed wing requires you to choose between low speed and high speed performance.  So for most speeds we'll have more downforce, but at higher speeds our wing flattens out to lower drag.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

st_rage wrote:
racinrob wrote:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zFRvepqfyGU/UeF0bf_HAqI/AAAAAAAADuk/aJBwGqBGDFo/s400/.jpg

We've got it beat in plan area.  Our wing is ~25sqft without the flap extended or the winglets.  We've only run with the side panels once before we decided they weren't worth the weight, but they weren't nearly as big as the Brickmobile's.

Downforce (and drag) is proportional to the square of speed, so whatever downforce you have at 40mph, you'll have 4 times as much at 80.  That's why our wing pivots.  The gas shock acts as a mechanical fuse and levels out the wing at high speed.  A fixed wing requires you to choose between low speed and high speed performance.  So for most speeds we'll have more downforce, but at higher speeds our wing flattens out to lower drag.

The two cars have to be near the top of the list.  I thought I saw a photo of a Miata out in CA that also had a Sprint car wing mounted to the roll cage.

I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with you at Barber.  Next time we get to race together I'll make it a point to come over and talk downforce with your team.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

Brett85p wrote:

Adding 5 quarts during a race is basically an oil change right?

I hope so, otherwise we've never changed the oil in our two-stroke.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

racinrob wrote:

The two cars have to be near the top of the list.  I thought I saw a photo of a Miata out in CA that also had a Sprint car wing mounted to the roll cage.

I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with you at Barber.  Next time we get to race together I'll make it a point to come over and talk downforce with your team.

I think I remember that Miata picture.  Don't know anything more about it tho'.

We're planning to be at CMP in May and September.  See you there?

110 (edited by cheseroo 2015-03-03 08:31 AM)

st_rage wrote:
racinrob wrote:

The miata was John Condren's car.  I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction that you wont see it in Lemons again.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Who is John Condren?

It Ain't My Fault

Maverick74 wrote:

The Wonderment Consortium's covered wagon at RA may qualify as tallest/worst aero as well.
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LWI13/400%20-%20IMG_4163.jpg

thanks for the shoutout!! someone notices us!!

the car has had numerous themes as well:

Team Fortress 2 Bomb Car
Apocalypse Now! Huey
Leaning Tower of Pisa (Pisa Crap racing)
Led Zeppelin
Stay Puft! Marshmallow man
Peeps!
Oregon Fail (pictured)

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

cheseroo wrote:
st_rage wrote:
racinrob wrote:

The miata was John Condren's car.  I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction that you wont see it in Lemons again.

Oh man, that almost makes me want to take the wing off my car.  smile

I doubt if I will be at CMP this year.  I get to do one long distance race per year and I already did Barber.

Late to the party, bit I'll give ya the best I got on the diesel vette.  We have a 13 gallon cell and fill it every 4 hours, or 2 driver changes.  And its not empty.  Best we can tell, 2.5-2.75 gph.  The I-Mark did better, but we never measured it.  Horsepower wise it is at 51hp factory at the flywheel.  We haven't dyno'd ours, but Diesel Power magazine did theirs, and got 29 rwhp.

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

It took me a while to think of a super specific category that our team is unique in, but I think I found it!  There are many mid engine swaps in Lemons, but all the ones I'm aware of are cross-manufacturer swaps.

Has any other Lemons team taken the factory engine out of the front of a car and put it in the back?  Our Golf had 165,000 miles on it when we got it, we put another ~4000 FWD race miles on it, then the factory engine came out and was reinstalled in the boot.  I'm looking forward to comparing lap times from a well sorted FWD car to the same car, same engine, with powertrain in the rear!

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

the shaolin wrote:

It took me a while to think of a super specific category that our team is unique in, but I think I found it!  There are many mid engine swaps in Lemons, but all the ones I'm aware of are cross-manufacturer swaps.

Has any other Lemons team taken the factory engine out of the front of a car and put it in the back?  Our Golf had 165,000 miles on it when we got it, we put another ~4000 FWD race miles on it, then the factory engine came out and was reinstalled in the boot.  I'm looking forward to comparing lap times from a well sorted FWD car to the same car, same engine, with powertrain in the rear!

I need to talk to yall at gingerman.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

They are easy to find...they have the largest party tent ever produced...it can be seen from space.  Failing that, it is Wally's other destination if he can't find you (you have bacon, they have pretty girls to pet his belly).

I have bacon, why dont i have pretty girls to pet my belly? hmm

119 (edited by st_rage 2015-03-09 12:43 PM)

OnkelUdo wrote:
tSoG wrote:

They are easy to find...they have the largest party tent ever produced...it can be seen from space.  Failing that, it is Wally's other destination if he can't find you (you have bacon, they have pretty girls to pet his belly).

I think we just identified another category in which to compete.  Here's Turbo Schnitzel's party tent:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vbsFEZpEXMk/Ultsl3NvhMI/AAAAAAAAEBs/TIzmRbtqW1I/s400/WP_20130921_007.jpg

It's 37' in diameter and 14' tall.  Takes roughly 25 man hours to assemble/disassemble.

Oh, that's way bigger than ours.  Ours is mostly a garage, but at night, the car tends to get pushed out as the tent fills up with people drinking beer and enjoying the heater. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-e0zytvImvlw/U1b8A4pumQI/AAAAAAAAC58/s0AnLpFfZMY/s1600/IMG_20140420_111814_605.jpg

It's about 26x14x8 and goes up in about 4 man hours.  It also fits into a tool box.

The funniest thing about this tent is when it's 11:00 on Friday night and every light at Gingerman is off, EXCEPT for the six halogens inside the tent, which lights up like a lamp and is probably visible for at least a mile.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

Think we have most power per liter and highest redline

Also probably team that has gone from most success to least success with our switch from the bulletproof Miata to the always problematic Gnome.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

calpolo17 wrote:

Think we have most power per liter and highest redline

"Nope" on that first bit.  We make 116hp at the wheels (~145 crank) out of 698cc.

Scott

st_rage wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
tSoG wrote:

I think we just identified another category in which to compete.  Here's Turbo Schnitzel's party tent:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vbsFEZpEXMk/Ultsl3NvhMI/AAAAAAAAEBs/TIzmRbtqW1I/s400/WP_20130921_007.jpg

It's 37' in diameter and 14' tall.  Takes roughly 25 man hours to assemble/disassemble.

They were paddocked next to us one year - I remember throwing about 10,000 glow-stix at that thing because there is a hole on the top of it, kinda like skeeball .  Then they started throwing them back. 
War was declared but after we were packed up and pulling out on Sunday - they were still breaking that thing down.  It is glorious...

This space for rent.

124 (edited by TeamRadicus 2015-03-19 08:40 PM)

How about most miles towing a racecar to/from races for least miles raced? Here's a starter:

460 miles round trip for nine laps of MSR 2014
440 miles round trip for zero laps of ECR 2015
900 miles of towing for ~20 miles of racing
Ratio of 45 miles towing per laps raced - there must be many who can do better/worse?

Toni

P.S. I damaged a U-haul trailer on both trips ... Yay for $8/day insurance ...

P.P.S. Same car only preferred ... come on K-car stories!

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

125 (edited by tSoG 2015-03-20 12:19 PM)

TeamRadicus wrote:

How about most miles towing a racecar to/from races for least miles raced? Here's a starter:

460 miles round trip for nine laps of MSR 2014
440 miles round trip for zero laps of ECR 2015
900 miles of towing for ~20 miles of racing
Ratio of 45 miles towing per laps raced - there must be many who can do better/worse?

Toni

P.S. I damaged a U-haul trailer on both trips ... Yay for $8/day insurance ...

P.P.S. Same car only preferred ... come on K-car stories!

I cant beat zero, but 1300 miles round trip for 18 laps.

Edit: le mopar has never spent more time on track, or went faster than it does on the trailer to/from every race i have taken it.