Re: Who is in? The Real Hoopties of New Jersey @ NJMP

You get a Texan!

I'll be the slowest one on 3PM's team. S-l-o-wwwwww.

52 (edited by TheEngineer 2015-04-15 06:00 AM)

ninjacoco wrote:

You get a Texan!

I'll be the slowest one on 3PM's team. S-l-o-wwwwww.

Excellent. We'll wave when we go past. Get ready for the infamous east coast.

I need to really get the car back together. Right now most of the wiring is out, the engine is out. Engine needs a rebuild, intercooler needs mounting, wiring needs inspection and slimming, gauges need mounting after my dash removal, I need tires, I need to do a million other small things. Oh, and I need to replace one of my faster drivers who found out he has a wedding that weekend.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable Lemons timeline.

Our car is getting very close, the Ford Festiva, formerly known as We are Not From Iran, has gotten a wiring redo, a new center console, and a bunch of TLC, can't wait to race it for the first time smile

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

I'm officially out of spare motors. Block that was in the car is garbage. I should find a spare engine before the race.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I know this has been discussed before so sorry for asking.  We have a few drivers that won't be arriving to the track until Friday night, does anyone remember what time the gate is open until?

SlowSwedes Racing  Volvo #244

10 or 11 from what I recall, and they do really close it, guard and everything.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I've got a room @ RAMADA Vineland, NJ (Millville area) for Friday and Saturday, looking for a roommate. free breakfast! The room is $144 for both nights.

Sonic wrote:

10 or 11 from what I recall, and they do really close it, guard and everything.

Thanks!

SlowSwedes Racing  Volvo #244

TheEngineer wrote:

I'm officially out of spare motors. Block that was in the car is garbage. I should find a spare engine before the race.

I guess I better tell my wife not to bring her Dodge Spirit (2.2) to the track that weekend.  Sadly, I am the one that would say you could use it.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

The keg is in the truck. 15 gallons of a very smoky irish red.

Somehow the brewery no longer has any spare gas cylinders, so I have to buy ANOTHER one of those (or just pump beer with welding gas. Anybody know what argon does to beer?).

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Is anyone running Race Cast/ Racer Connect in their car or know if it will be used at our race?  Love to be able to give those who can't make it out the ability to watch the race online.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

If race cast isn't setup I always run ustream in our car. I'll happily try race cast if it's going to be setup though.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Good news! The fuego starts and makes cool turbo noises! Onward!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:

oh shit!

FUEGO!!!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

"You have now entered the turbo zone".

Will you be able to have it spit out the thermostat in the penalty box again?  Seeing that at CMP was nearly worth the cost of the weekend.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

racinrob wrote:

"You have now entered the turbo zone".

Or as I like to call it the "Whistling Doom-Snail zone"

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Whistling Doom-Snails are amazing. I finally have a blow off valve to install in my car for maximum fun noises. Stupid chrysler, not installing a way to relieve intake pressure when the throttle closes, no wonder we killed so many turbos.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

gtopat wrote:

Cool. We have debated adding a turbo to the Saturn for the cool sounds that a turbo makes.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

#90 DNF Racing is in with our stupid little hair dresser's car.

I won't be there as my wife recently had our first child.. and well I value my manhood way too much to skip the first mother's day for racing.

Good luck to all of you.

Sparky

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

warnersta7 wrote:

Hazzardous Racing will be there with our General Wee!!  We have managed to actually make it quiet this time so no ear plugs will be needed. 3rd Exhaust setup is a charm.... We Hope.

Can't wait til May!!

I call bs on this.. lol

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

CTSparky wrote:

I won't be there as my wife recently had our first child.. and well I value my manhood way too much to skip the first mother's day for racing.

Good luck to all of you.

Sparky

Should have brought both of them.  What better place to celebrate?

73 (edited by Drdanteiii 2015-04-22 12:54 PM)

CTSparky wrote:

Good luck to all of you.

Sparky

BAH.  amateur.

I'm missing the 2nd consecutive mothers day leaving her at home with our 3 year old, and my wife is due with our second kid a week later.

She wants me to "get racing out of my system" for a while.

That's like having one last heroin binge.

Really though, I just have the most understanding wife in the world.  If I can't make it work with her, I can't make it work with anyone!

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

My wife and I just decided to move mother's day up a week, heck it is a Hallmark holiday anyways, so we can move it smile  Plus it is easier to get dinner reservations!

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

TheEngineer wrote:

{ light bulb }

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-fac … 0846129600

<3 / a magical fountain of great bad ideas