Topic: FIA Seats

Having read through the rules about 15x last season, I cant seem to find anything about the manf date of FIA seats.  Ive come across a fantastic deal on some Sparco Evos that will allow much better visibility than our current Sparco Circuit.  They are in fantastic shape but the manf date is 1999. Any input on this?  Thanks in advance!

Re: FIA Seats

You haven't come across one because there isn't one.    If you aren't sure post a picture, brand, model, etc and someone will confirm.  Still iffy, email HQ, they are amazingly quick to respond.  Here is the rule,

3.F.1.a General Driver's Seat Regs. Driver's seatback must reach above middle of helmet or higher. One-piece, purpose-built racing seats with properly located, factory-provided shoulder-harness holes are mandatory. Molded plastic seats of ABS or similar material are not allowed. All seats must be very securely mounted to the floor or cage to avoid separation during a crash. All seatbacks must be restrained against rearward failure.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Thanks Meyers.  Its, without a doubt, a "purpose built race seat". Sparco Evo with a FIA 8855-1992 homologation.  I know the current standard is 8855-1999 which is why i was asking.  At $400 for a pair that were in a show car and never really used...   I cant pass 'em up.  We just made the mistake of going overboard with a Sparco Circuit containment.  Great seat but no visibility in an Alfa...lol

One of my seats has been inspected 3 times with no issues.  There is no FIA or SFI rating on it at all, however, it meets all requirements for Lemons.  Sounds like your good.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Yeah, no official certification is required for Lemons seats, so no need to worry about the dates. The Sparco Evo will pass tech just fine as long as it's tall enough for all your drivers and mounted securely in accordance with the rules.

Thanks again guys!