Topic: roll cage components cage install denver area

I ve a roll cage components kit and I have been looking for a place to install it in the denver area.  I have searched the forum and found some places but none of them want to install a kit they want to make it all.  Does anyone know a 4x4 shop or something that would want to weld it in

Re: roll cage components cage install denver area

There are tons of welders up around fort collins.  Might try just posting an add in craigslist up there.  Just make sure they have a clue.

-Alex

Unless you have everything in the kit fit up and tacked it's kind of like bringing your own eggs and bacon to a diner and asking them to cook it. It almost always sucks making a "good" kit work. 

If it is all fit and tacked a weld shop should be able to do it.

Maybe craigslist is different near you, I can't seem to find sane people near me on craigslist. Seems the total opposite pool of people I'd want welding my safety stuff. I'm sure you can find good things/stuff/services on craigslist, I just haven't had a good experience yet.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

Maybe ask Rocket Surgery Racing (RichVS) or Grant over at http://rally.build/contact/ -- that's what I know.

5 (edited by RichVS 2015-05-12 08:12 PM)

What is it and how prepared are you?  If the interior is stripped, floors cleaned, no rust issues, etc etc, I might be able to find time if you have money.  My plate is pretty full right now.  Grant is also good, I have no idea how busy he is.

I'm not on the forums that much, email me through here.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for the replies sorry for the lack of knowledge nfo on the car.  It is stripped  and seat installed all electrics are done and so nothing is needex except the cage.

bredenal wrote:

Thanks for the replies sorry for the lack of knowledge nfo on the car.  It is stripped  and seat installed all electrics are done and so nothing is needex except the cage.

The question relates more to how prepared is the car to receive the roll cage.
Essentially, how much work will it be for the installer. You will find someone willing to install the cage
easier if YOU have already completed all of the unpleasant and tedious work, like cleaning all of the weld
points on the chassis, notching and fitting all of the tubes together, etc.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Call Patrick at 23 deluxe. www.23deluxe.com He has built many off road cars for people I used to race with at CORE in Deertrail. Also Colorado Sand Cars (google) built my Score Class 9 Frame. I think they did a better job than most cages I have seen in Lemons in 7 years. There are a hand full and I mean 4 or five that have better welding. Even the two I built suck compared to what they can do.

Also if you get in a bind everyone at the track will help if you ask nice.  If I remember right Rich's car was not ready to race at his first race in 2010!

DM me if you need more info!

Buckaroo

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

if u really want to help out , i would suggest removing the glass ... i have put in quite a few cages. it def makes it much harder to work a cage into a car with the glass in it... also any grinding that has to be done inside will more than likely etch your glass. or if a tube tips over it can crack your glass anyway. i would recommend having the car stripped out, and supplying the installer with the seat. hopefully its mounting location doesn't interfere with the cage, i just did a Lemons cage and we had to do some MAJOR reworking of the seat/cage area in order for it to pass tech (it was an F body so headroom is difficult) but luckily they had the seat so we could sort it all out. you definitely don't want to skimp on the cage. people overlook getting in and out of the car and its a struggle that can usually be avoided with a little planning.
good luck smile ...
Vinny