Re: It'd be great to get a K update...

INVUJerry wrote:
fleming95 wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

I was talking to my buddy yesterday about my crappy wagon and he mentioned this team.  I happen to have a crap can k wagon I'd be willing to sell for way cheap. I'm in Glen Burnie, MD.

I also really love k cars.

What insane person doesn't?  They do make _DOMINATING_ race cars!

And racing a K wagon sounds great - get in touch with DC Doug and I'm sure that he'll give you lots of advice.

INVUJerry wrote:

A 3.3 will bolt up to a 5 speed out of a 2.7 stratus. My personal vote is to swap in a 2.0 and 5 speed from a neon. My "nice" wagon has a SRT-4 swap and other than welding some mounts up it bolts in.

Stratus + K = Class C victory, right guys?

You could also do a 2.4 from a stratus/Cirrus/PT Cruiser/Minivan, bolted up to a neon transmission and use neon axles.  Lots of combinations to fit.  I have a bunch of random neon information from owning 10 of the stupid things over the last 11 years.

And I wish I'd have time to build a Lemons car, but I don't.  I'd be more than happy to give ideas, bring beer, or turn a few wrenches but I don't have time personally.

But, I've found my new favorite forum to lurk on.  Thanks guys, and thanks Blair if you see this.

But seriously, if someone wants a running/driving k-wagon with 299K miles on it and no floor pan on the driver's side, let me know.  I'll sell it for slightly more than crazy rays prices.

You're dangerously close to Speedycop, but I also know that even he won't touch a K Car.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

You're dangerously close to Speedycop, but I also know that even he won't touch a K Car.

I haven't touched a k car in well over a year, and i still can't wash the bad luck off. I feel dirty.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
therood wrote:

I haven't touched a k car in well over a year, and i still can't wash the bad luck off. I feel dirty.

it never goes away. Sorry.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I like the K.

Wendell34 wrote:

I like the K.

It's probably a lot easier to when it's NOT sitting in your yard.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

OK kids, I was puttering around in my garage tonite.  I've decided to put the diesel Chevette on hiatus for a while so I can work on the other cars.  So I decided to take the old engine apart, for 2 reasons.  1.  See if its at all salvageable.  2.  Try to learn from it, see what happened.  So.........yeah. 
It was #6 cylinder that let go (counting front to back on the crank).  Pulled out of bottom of piston, banged around a bit, broke the main bearing cradle, exited oil pan.  But wait, there's more.  3 more spun rod bearings, 1 main bearing worn down to the copper (all others looked new). At least 4pistons missing part or all of their skirt (shrapnel will do that) and that's all I remember.  Top end is OK, except it's obviously been very hot by the way the oil residue is burnt.  Much of the water jacket is nearly full of rust, so I don't think it was circulating very well.  So, I think I'm gonna check a little more on the block and probably build this one.  Crank isn't terrible and can be turned, rods look OK (except #6). Heads seem OK, but I will have them checked over to be sure.  And new injectors.  The old ones had enough Carbon on them, they were hard to get out.  And pistons will have to be found of course, but the bores look OK, I think just a good honing should be fine if the ring end gap is OK.

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

3.0 mitsu right?

Wouldn't you be $$ ahead buying another (find a clean) junkyard engine then inspecting/reassembling ?   Per Judge Phil I have had the best results by only replacing rod bearings (if doing anything at all)

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Money ahead maybe, but not time wise.  By the time I pull that engine, disassemble it and inspect it to get where I am now.  Plus I still would have to get the heads checked.  So, as long as this engine is OK, I will probably go with it.

That motor was under warranty at Pick and Pull

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Where is fucking K - for fucks sake - shit or get off the pot.

This space for rent.

Run yer mouth a little more, I'll put it under a bulldozer.

There's a theme right there.

NSF wrote:

Are you comparing the K to a toilet?

NSF wrote:

Phil didn't want to see the K back unless it could be given to a team that would make it less awful. When we threw our hat in the ring and got Phil's blessing/curse, we wanted to make sure to honor it.

We put it on hold until we survived the 24 hour race at Joliet. Now that we've done that, the focus this winter is on the K.

The goal is a triumphant/abysmally disappointing return in 2016. We promise to include the miscreants that have gone before us in a most stupendous way. (Expect to be contacted by me before year end)

The K will be back as soon as we feel we can live up to Phil's confidence/philistinism in our chief mechanic/curmudgeon.

If you want it done faster, we'll happily accept donations in the form of money. We can't buy a new windshield with best wishes and mechanical advice. Be patient, or we'll let Phil bring back the People's Curse for the K...and we'll provide the machinery.

Project 909

if phil still thinks it's terrible, can i have it? I promise to shoot at it for 6-10 hours and light it on fire.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

41 (edited by ClayBelt 2017-03-30 08:40 AM)

Updates are cool

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.