Topic: Miller Finale. Who's towing and how far.

The  Silver Surfer 200sx just signed up to waste a whole bunch of gas going from Hayward, CA to Tooele, UT and back. 1450 mi RT (round trip).

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Re: Miller Finale. Who's towing and how far.

We are considering it.  1332mi round trip from the OC

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

We've applied.  1,740 miles round trip.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Bringing the Austin or the Wolseley, whichever one is running...
2067 mile round trip...

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

5 (edited by Camerlengo 2015-07-31 03:17 PM)

Close but no cigar I guess.

1,640 miles round trip from San Jose in the Neon Pope.

Oh wait... how far is it from Hayward????

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

I'm not towing, but I'll be driving just over 1,000 miles round-trip from Denver.

1750 round trip for me. Not towing.
Did it straight through both ways last time. About 15 hours.
Not even sure what I will be racing yet either.
But, I'll be there!

1395 round trip for me from from Concord,CA......

Not towing all the way,tho.... I drive from here to Auburn and then jump in the tow pig

So.....technically,only towing for 1195.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Close to NOBODY except The MR2 usual suspects.

1292 miles RT from my door, hey, it's closer than BFE GP or Sonoma!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Checked  again,  it's a LOT closer than BFE. Deer Trail is 1900 miles round trip from here. Easy Peasy!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Could this be one of the problems with this track and perhaps one of the reasons it can't survive?

I doubt their business model depended on Californians making the tow.  Seems like it was a vanity project for the Miller's.  Timewise for us in So Cal its about the same length as Thunderhill (if you dont stop in Vegas).  80mph speed limit on I-15 FTW!

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

I doubt their business model depended on Californians making the tow.  Seems like it was a vanity project for the Miller's.  Timewise for us in So Cal its about the same length as Thunderhill (if you dont stop in Vegas).  80mph speed limit on I-15 FTW!

I can't tow that fast. With the 40' RV and the 25' trailer 65 mph is about our max.

Towing from Gilroy, a little further than you.  Neal, you are welcome to the ride, and as always, we'll leave the light in for you in the hotel room..

bs

1600 miles round trip with Subaru on the trailer Wendell

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

NYRE is Towing 4 cars from Walnut Creek...

Cars: '96 Saturn, Prelude, 91-93 SE-R's, Two '84 Rabbits, '87 Scirocco(R.i.P.), '01 Focus, '94 Honda Del Slow, '86 Scirocco, '91 Miata,
Championships: 2009
Races: Too Many to count

stimpyvan wrote:

1,740 miles round trip.

Same here. I hope to be part of Spank's efforts but I'd feel guilty about driving that far without towing something, so I'm planning to drag along a potential judgemobile, if it's running by then.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

We should have a whole section where all the Bay Area folks congregate...

Looks like at least half the field might be from the bay area.

Two Many wheels applied with the Coyote M. 1,345 round trip from Chico. Assuming the car is still in one piece after Thill anyway.

mharrell wrote:
stimpyvan wrote:

1,740 miles round trip.

Same here. I hope to be part of Spank's efforts but I'd feel guilty about driving that far without towing something, so I'm planning to drag along a potential judgemobile, if it's running by then.

Someone should report you to the Society To Prevent The Abuse Of Swedish And British Cars.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

stimpyvan wrote:

...the Society To Prevent The Abuse Of Swedish And British Cars.

No, everything's okay; it's all consensual. Just ask any of them, except the Austin. It lies.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
stimpyvan wrote:

No, everything's okay; it's all consensual. Just ask any of them, except the Austin. It lies.

All Austin's lie, particularly when any switch is in the On position.

Spank wrote:
mharrell wrote:
stimpyvan wrote:

All Austin's lie, particularly when any switch is in the On position.

That's because the switches are made by Lucas.   They all have three positions: Off, Dim, and Flicker.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

What time does the track open on Thursday, and what time will folks be arriving? I'm looking at flying into SLC, and I've gotta decide if it's worth a little extra money to get there earlier than 11 PM.

Last year I arrived with Evil Genius and we were able to get signed in and access to the paddock at about 5-6 pm if I remember correctly. There was plenty of room to park. Then the unloading and beer drinking began. Plenty of beer was stashed in plenty of trailers that no one went dry.  Last year only the EAST track was used. Very fun track.

Here is the track map http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/track-maps.html

Running the East track, the access ON and OFF the track was at the WEST end of the Pit lane.  See that little black line over the gray area just to the left (east) of the ACES cafe. That is the ON/OF road to the pit lane. To get on the track you hang a right onto pit lane, then a left on the access road bypassing turn 1. Then a Left onto the un-used portion of the track, wait for an open spot, and hit it, heading directly towards turn 2

The West track was being used on Sunday by a motorcycle track day group, and if I remember correctly the track ON/OFF was somewhere near the Exit of turn West Ten.

So paddock parking will be best somewhere in the vicinity of the First Aid station, radiating outward from there.

P-box was in the East Day garage.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche