Topic: Header Wrap

Any suggestions of a good quality header wrap? I'm hoping for something that doesn't fray easily or turn brittle and fall apart like the header wrap I currently have. thanks

John

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Re: Header Wrap

I use stuff from these folks. I use it for gaskets on my green egg as well as for exhaust wrap.

http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/fc_tapes.htm

I've started using the Summit Racing  Volcano Wrap.
The price is pretty good, and the weave is tighter than the DEI product of the same type.
The best way to deal with the shredding is to spray it with a hi-temp coating. It hardens on the wrap and keeps it all in place.
Also, I use .041" stainless safety wire from HFT as ties for the wrap. I get a tighter grip on the wrap and hundreds of ties per roll.
Safety wire pliers/tool makes the job very straight forward. I use two wraps per tie, rather than a single wrap.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

+1 on the paint.  Makes the whole thing into 1 piece, basically. 

I bought whatever the wrap manufacturer was selling.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Thanks for the tips. will check it out.

John

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Here's a DP I just completed yesterday.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/GGolsan/Header%20wrap_zpsrx2kmydb.jpg

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater