Topic: Frog Racing at Thompson

Here is our video from Thompson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arR170A43L4

See you all at NHMS!
More pics on our facebook page http://facebook.com/frogracing

Re: Frog Racing at Thompson

Two questions I have from watching your video:

1.  Is that a fire suppression system, or just a fire extinguisher?  If it is just an extinguisher, how do you remove it to use it being strapped in with hose clamps?

2.  Were they allowing work to be done on cars on pit lane?  I know they don't at most of the East coast events, and when I saw you put the hood up it just made me wonder.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

No work allowed in the hot pits. Gas only. They do allow adding Ice to cool shirt systems though.

at 1:05 it really looks like the driver's helmet isn't strapped..... I'm hoping i'm not seeing that correctly.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

racinrob wrote:

Two questions I have from watching your video:

1.  Is that a fire suppression system, or just a fire extinguisher?  If it is just an extinguisher, how do you remove it to use it being strapped in with hose clamps?

2.  Were they allowing work to be done on cars on pit lane?  I know they don't at most of the East coast events, and when I saw you put the hood up it just made me wonder.

Guessing the extinguisher is hose clamped to a bracket, which is attached to a bracket on the roll cage via a quick release pin...that's how ours is.

Driver's helmet looks strapped, but I don't see the hans hooked up for that first stint...

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine