Re: Halloween Hooptiefest Roll Call

What a great line-up so far!  Should be another great race!....Can't wait!...MarioKart Driving School will be arriving with its team of Student Drivers piloting our Prelude Opus #28

That is, once we get the axle repaired (again) since the wheel snapped off on a sharp turn in Thompson!  (Haynes Repair manual, page 117, How to...oh boy....)...and a few other details....

Well, at least we have all the parts we need since we purchased a $250 front end smashed organ donor during the last race...

Does anyone want to share a garage?  I just forked out the $275.  These are large 2 car garages with 2 work benches, air hoses, electricity....plenty of room for 2 cars.  I am bringing my fan club though (3 kids: 17, 14, 8 year old, well behaved, in general), in case you can't deal with kids at a Lemons race....

Mike ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

The Cosmonaughts with the 351 MR2 Shuttlebomb will be there!

The Cosmonaughts - 86/88 MR2 with 1MZ V6

Reluctantly, Dahlinboys has withdrawn. Something about school work, family stuff...

Anyone looking for a cook (references available), gas man, gofer, beer taster or even driver? I have an rv rented for the weekend. I might even be able to talk Frankenphil into coming...

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Franken-vette will be there!

New Chevette full of awesomeness and bacon, mmmm, bacon.

Hopefully my beard will be full by race time to be a Mike Finnegan look a like.  I mentioned to the team that Judge Phil is looking for Roadkill east coast reps.

If anything it will help keep my face warm come race time.

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

dahlinboysracing wrote:

Reluctantly, Dahlinboys has withdrawn. Something about school work, family stuff...

Anyone looking for a cook (references available), gas man, gofer, beer taster or even driver? I have an rv rented for the weekend. I might even be able to talk Frankenphil into coming...

Fritz

We might have a seat in GRover if you are interested.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

in

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

RogueLeader wrote:

Farfrumwinnin Fox is out but I hope to be there with 3PM.  After losing the trans (input shaft which means its unrebuildable) at Thompson we have 1 questionable spare and the guys (understandably) don't want to risk the money of a race weekend on it.  We have found other Fox transmissions in PA but the plan is to convert to a new transmission package from an A4/Passat to get something more stout and more likely to be found in a junkyard should we toss one.  So in that vein we don't want to go drop money on a trans we will use as a spare for just 1 race (we have a very limited budget).  The conversion on the other hand unfortunately needs time and fabrication to work and we just don't have the time to get it done by Loudon.  She will be back next year, and I hope to see you all at the race anyway!

where are the transmeshuns in pa?

I am trying to justify this race. Mostly depends on how much bacon i have after joliet. I am not going to a race wif less than 40lbs of bacon.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

The team I was going to crew for dropped out. At least that opens a spot and a garage for someone that really wants it. See y'all in 2016

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

tSoG wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Farfrumwinnin Fox is out but I hope to be there with 3PM.  After losing the trans (input shaft which means its unrebuildable) at Thompson we have 1 questionable spare and the guys (understandably) don't want to risk the money of a race weekend on it.  We have found other Fox transmissions in PA but the plan is to convert to a new transmission package from an A4/Passat to get something more stout and more likely to be found in a junkyard should we toss one.  So in that vein we don't want to go drop money on a trans we will use as a spare for just 1 race (we have a very limited budget).  The conversion on the other hand unfortunately needs time and fabrication to work and we just don't have the time to get it done by Loudon.  She will be back next year, and I hope to see you all at the race anyway!

where are the transmeshuns in pa?

I am trying to justify this race. Mostly depends on how much bacon i have after joliet. I am not going to a race wif less than 40lbs of bacon.

Didn't look closely, found them on car-parts.com .  We aren't going to use them anyway, started to take the car apart already and plans are in motion for our new setup.  Found we had destroyed both axles at Thompson as well, while we were at it!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

Didn't look closely, found them on car-parts.com .  We aren't going to use them anyway, started to take the car apart already and plans are in motion for our new setup.  Found we had destroyed both axles at Thompson as well, while we were at it!

i am interested in learning more about your solutions because i have desires for a longitudinal transaxle for a vw 4 cyl. For things...

36 (edited by RogueLeader 2015-10-02 11:33 AM)

tSoG wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

i am interested in learning more about your solutions because i have desires for a longitudinal transaxle for a vw 4 cyl. For things...

Well we haven't started work yet but we are planning on a VW 012 Transaxle which is found in the 99 and older A4, Passat, and the Porsche Boxster.  They are plentiful, and also they are cable operated vs the finicky, stupid, and engine in the exact right spot and no movement at all possible or it WILL fuck up and not go into gears linkage that is on the fox.  The splines are the same so the clutch is the same but we will need to change the master as the clutch won't be mechanical anymore, and we are gonna have to widen the transmission tunnel and fabricate new mounts for it to fit.

BTW folks who know about these cars have told us this is an insane idea and we should just build a new car.  But fuck that!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

>BTW folks who know about these cars have told us this is an insane idea and we should just build a new car.  But fuck that!

Which is the exact reason you need to do it!

Dave (RHD Datsun powered Mustang)

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

Close-ish to ready. Rebuilt the bottom end of the engine this morning and dropped the engine back in the car. Replaced the absolutely obliterated sway bar bushings. And messed with the brakes, which still don't work.

I did find out that an FC RX7 Master cylinder kinda bolts up to our booster. and has the same piston diameter. Give me a good reason why I should not go down this road.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

tSoG wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

I have a rebuilt, Torsen diff, 016 5 speed.  Out of a 5000 turbo, so it's got the big strong gears.  I built it and put the Torsen in it... fantastic gearbox.   

I have no use for it now that Jeff bought the van.   

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Oh, and Steve McD and I will be your Lemons  team at this race...   looking forward to seeing y'all, I haven't been to the Loudon race in years,

-John

Evil Genius wrote:

Oh, and Steve McD and I will be your Lemons  team at this race...   looking forward to seeing y'all, I haven't been to the Loudon race in years,

-John

No Jay? Is Phil coming? I know he was backing off on how many races he attended lately.

Will be good to have you back at NH.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:

-John

No Jay? Is Phil coming? I know he was backing off on how many races he attended lately.

Will be good to have you back at NH.

Nope, no Jay, sorry, you guys are getting the B-team.

Cool, get to meet The Evil Genius!

Now to get the Merkurian Falcon reassembled, since it's in a million pieces...

Evil Genius wrote:

Didn't mean that to sound asshole-ish. Steve's been kicking ass lately, and we haven't had the pleasure of having the Evil one on the east coast for a while. Will be a good event.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Evil Genius wrote:
tSoG wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

I have a rebuilt, Torsen diff, 016 5 speed.  Out of a 5000 turbo, so it's got the big strong gears.  I built it and put the Torsen in it... fantastic gearbox.   

-John

Isnt that the 5 cylinder bellhousing?

tSoG wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:
tSoG wrote:

-John

Isnt that the 5 cylinder bellhousing?

I'd imagine, we had it behind a 5 cyl turbo...       I really don't know much about VW gearbox compatibility,  but I do know this particular box is used often for mid engine kit cars due to its strength and affordability , many adaptors exist.

TheEngineer wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:

Didn't mean that to sound asshole-ish. Steve's been kicking ass lately, and we haven't had the pleasure of having the Evil one on the east coast for a while. Will be a good event.

Oh, no worries, I didn't take it that way...

48 (edited by cafifty 2015-10-13 03:20 PM)

I did a quick search but was unable to determine which track configuration is going to be used. Forgive me if this is common knowledge but does anyone know which will be used or is most likely?

-Jamie

It will 99.9% surely be chicane / chicane in NHMS-speak.

Yup, it has never been anything other than double chicane at a Lemons race. No one will trust this bunch with the kind of speeds you get going into the uphill turn if you run south oval

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia