Topic: Sonoma race

What is the earliest date and time I can arrive at the track for Arse-Freeze Appaloosa?

Re: Sonoma race

You can arrived just about any time on Thursday, but you won't be able to go in and
claim a paddock space until they have the place cleaned up from the previous event.
They generally hold people in line (up at the top of the hill) until about 4:00 pm or so.

I don't know what time they close the gate on Thursday, but it is probably 10:00 pm or so.
I have arrived on Friday morning at 7:00 am and the gate was already open.

Does that answer your question?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Just an FYI; the gates never close at Sonoma when an event is on. Also, you can show up to the track on Monday, or today if you want, but you will have to move to the top of the hill with all your shit Thursday afternoon regardless.

You can camp at the track whenever you want as long as a large paid even is not on. I have actually stopped at the track for the night when running from a race at Button Willow driving to the Ridge in washington. They don't mind at all as long as you are willing to play within the rules. Hell, one time I stopped in a day early on accident (got the days mixed up) and spent the night on patrol with the security guard. Good times!

Hello, here's my rookie question... I've never driven this track and I'd like to know if anybody knows the layout we will be running in December 5-6th 2015?

Thank you.

5 (edited by shouldnthave 2015-11-21 05:59 PM)

Amezquita86 wrote:

Hello, here's my rookie question... I've never driven this track and I'd like to know if anybody knows the layout we will be running in December 5-6th 2015?

Thank you.

The same as motorcycle races (except you don't do the 'bus stop' in turn one). Short turn 11, and you run the chicane. You can watch video of the track via any motorcycle track day.

http://www.keigwin.com/images/img_track_infineon_raceway.png

6 (edited by delacruz7 2015-11-22 09:22 AM)

Amezquita86,

Here is some great info on how to drive Sonoma. I had driven Sonoma once and after viewing this I was able to drop 8 seconds off my lap time. At the very least it will show you the lines most will be taking thru the turns.

"I think you could be even faster through the T2-T4 section. It's a rhythm section, this. Connect all the dots and you'll fly through there.
If you apex T2 a little later, you won't have to make as many corrections half way through the corner (like e.g. around the 6:00 mark in the video), and you can put the power down a little sooner. Basically, braking into T2 stay on the left a little longer, brake parallel to the berm, with the left wheels on or right next to the berm, and turn in just as the berm ends. Track out all the way. If you do it right, you'll hit just the end of the berm on the exit. Keep that steering angle for a tiny moment to set yourself up for T3. The track actually has a little nook on the right just before the T3 entry. That's where you want to aim the car. I see you're leaving about a car width space there. The trick about T3 is to "throw it away". Many people make the mistake of tracking out too soon and then they're set up all wrong for T3a. I stay on the inside of T3 until the end of the inside berm, and then I shoot across T3a with a very late apex. This usually gives me an advantage in exit speed. Between T3a and T4 is usually my most effective place to pass a horsepower car with my momentum car. T3a is a full-throttle corner for me all the way through.
I'm still waiting for YouTube to process my video, but here are a few laps from Arse Freeze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omat43LUZAY. The laps at the 2:30 and 7:15 marks are decent examples."

This was posted by Philikon on 2/20/2014 under pics and videos

shouldnthave wrote:

Just an FYI; the gates never close at Sonoma when an event is on. Also, you can show up to the track on Monday, or today if you want, but you will have to move to the top of the hill with all your shit Thursday afternoon regardless.

The gates do close, at 10pm.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

8 (edited by stateshirt 2015-11-30 01:26 PM)

Historically have Lemons teams been allowed into the paddock on Thursday evening, or have you gotten stuck in the 'staging area' until Friday AM?

EDIT: Whoops never mind, this was answered above.

Liam Nissan and the Hazard Fraught Fools.