Topic: X-Type

Looks like we'll be adding an X-Type to our Lemons garage and ready to race at NJMP.  Wanted to know if there are any other X-Type teams on here and what challenges they have encountered so far.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Re: X-Type

Yes, there is an X-type that ran Buttonwillow and Thunderhill this year.  I believe it was an early DNF at both events.  IIRC, it's basically a nice Ford Contour.  The Jag wiring on the XJ12 was a bit of a mystery but that model was engineered right about the time of the Ford takeover so the X type may be more "Fordy".  Some stuff just baffled me like the brake light switch had 12v running through it when off, pressing the brake pedal dropped the voltage to 6v which a magic box in the trunk interpreted to "turn on the brake lights" and applied 12v to the bulbs.  Some engineer is laughing has ass off over that one.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

LOL, looks like we'll have our hands full then.  Thanks again Cheseroo, you've been all kinds of help today.  I am worried about the over engineered or just plain confusing choices that Jag made.  It does seem to be mostly a Ford car though and it only has 85,000 miles so I am hoping we'll get lucky for a few races at least.  It can't do any worse than our Firebird, or even in the past couple races our 626.  They made it 4 hours each last race.  Really hoping to make it into Sunday.  I've heard that the AWD transfer case will likely be the cause of our headaches.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

X type is a Ford through and through. The XJ12 really has little if anything to do with Ford engineering. My xj8 (.not for Lemons, yet) is a really interesting mashup of the two, haven't had anything like that brake switch deal yet, just a check engine light that is basically triggered by letting the gas level go below 1/4 tank...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)