Topic: A new Lemons perspective

I was lucky enough to have Mike from Bad Decisions racing see my posts on the forums and basically say "Quit talking about doing Lemons one day and come out and see one" I told him I was unemployed, barely had two cents to rub together and basically absent of mechanical skills"

Mike laughed, not at me but said, "NO EXCUSE Lemonite underling, you will be the guest of Team Bad Decisions for the entire event. I attended from Thursday night until late Sat afternoon when an old back injury forced me to drive home and seek my orthopedic bed.

SO, many thanks to Mike, Randy, Tim, Owen, Glen, Abbie, The Bacon Deity and Chad for making the weekend wonderful. I learned MANY MANY things.

1) Don't speed in the #$@^&*%$#@!#$^^&&**^%$#@#$#!!!!!!! pits.
2) About 90% of the Lemons teams there all agreed that the social experience part of Lemons in as good if not better than the race itself.
3) The 10% that are serous hard core racers are summarily pointed at, and made fun of by the 90%
4) All kidding aside, they take safety seriously, no joke, period.
5) I personally saw Judge Steve jump over two orphans and push a nun to the ground to get to someone who was speeding in the pits. Jay was right there and commented "That's why we like him"
6) Mike, Randy and crew can diagnose and pretty much any problem with a Pontiac Transport Van and fix it in less than the time that any mechanics books say it's supposed to take them.
7) Don't taunt, make fun of or in any way anger the Bacon Deity. Squishy will ban you from bacon table FOREVER or until you give his bottom a good squeeze.
8) If you leave your gas cans in the wrong place, Judge Steve has gas in his car, any questions?
9) If you are racing and you do something wrong, they educate you, if you do it again they sternly reprimand you, if you do it a third time, God Have Mercy on your soul.
10) Probably most important, that Diesel Corvair idea i had, yeah, not so much. If I am going to make a Lemon I really need to be more realistic. Could it be made, sure, would there be any replacement parts even close to 99% of the tracks.....no.

I will think of some more, awesome time, even more awesome people.

BigPaul

Re: A new Lemons perspective

You probably hooked up with some of the best people you could have. Mike is awesome. And Tsog has the best bacon. Even if he wears his Superman undies outside his clothes.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for all of your help this weekend.

- Randy

7) I'm not sure you can really anger Tsog, well unless you start saying bad things about bacon but you may be mauled by everyone else before he gets a chance.

10) Yeah I would suggest not starting off with the crazy build unless you have all the mechanical and fabricating skills needed, especially for the first build.  Start with something simple to work on and reliable, then after your team gets some experience you can build something crazy.  Its way easier to keep people interested after they had a chance to race a little bit, much easier than when they are stuck in project hell.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I'll second Paul's sentiment. I was the other guest of Bad Decisions that weekend and had a blast. Another shout out to Mike, Randy, Tim, Owen, Glen, Abbie, Soggy, Chad (and you too Paul).

-Jason

I would like to give a shout out for buttsqueezes and to all my lemonfriends especially those who I didn't get to say proper goodbyes to. praise be to the one true breakfast meat. in bacon we say, Om Nom.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSog, I had a friend on Facebook say she hated bacon, I immediately unfriended her and reported her as a known Communist.

I'm not a communist. But even I think Tsoggy's bacon is...special. It's meaty. Thick. As a meat should be.