Topic: Gingerman Recap

There, I started it. Now someone add to it, please.

Some of us would like to know.

Re: Gingerman Recap

It took the checkered on Sunday.

The Rambler still doesn't enjoy right-hand turns.

Someone in the Rambler dive-bombed and tagged the F**king New Guys' Monte Carlo, which Cabinboy was of course driving at the time. If you don't know, he's the one who spend the last two weeks working on the Rambler. THANKS GUYS.

The right-front wheel bearing disintegrated.

It fried a brand-new alternator. They tried to charge the battery and take the checkered flag, but it hella died and had to be pushed in.

Something else broke Saturday and I don't remember what it was.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

4 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-04-25 06:40 PM)

therood wrote:

It fried a brand-new alternator. They tried to charge the battery and take the checkered flag, but it hella died and had to be pushed in.

It was actually kind of funny, the Rambler ran that last few laps to take the checker on the lighting battery (think small trolling motor gel battery or large UPS).  We were searching for any spare battery but it would take to long to get one out of the RV's or my truck AND find a way to install it (too tall).  In the end, the solution was obvious but exactly 300 ft too little power.

We also had issues with the clutch linkage. A weld broke at one point and something else down the line broke later.
Friday morning they spent pulling the fuel cell and getting more protection structure welded in .
When the car was running it ran pretty good but needs a better rear end gear. It falls on its face going from 2nd gear to third. Car is a little tail happy as evidenced by the occasional black flag and penalty box visit after a couple drivers made her spin. We pulled the rear sway bar off Sunday morning to see what that would do but I didn't hear the results.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

And yes, I did get tagged by Rambler only 20 minutes into the race. It was a sign of things to come. The Monte got hit three time during the race.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Could the dead alternator be from the kill switch? I was told back in my beginnings to us the type of kill switch that has a resistor to suck out the last bit of alternator charging power so we don't blow a diode from backfeeding it when the kill switch is thrown.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/prod … isconnects

http://www.reedx.net/landrover/mods/batterycutoff/fitting_instructions.jpg