1 (edited by brandon 2016-02-18 04:38 PM)

Topic: Cars from Altamont still racing?

Did your team participate in one of the Altamont races? Is that car still racing Lemons? We're looking to establish a perpetual Altamont Cup for the true survivor Lemons cars. Let us know here (or post on the Bernal Dads Racing Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BernalDadsRacing/) and we'll see if there are enough of us remaining to make this happen.

Brandon

Bernal Dads Racing

Current cars: #245 Volvo, #670 Coming Soon!
Former cars: #38 Alfa Romeo Milano Cookie, #243 Molvo—Judge's Choice Sears Pointless 2011 (You like us! You really like us!)

Re: Cars from Altamont still racing?

As far as I know:

Ecurie Ecrappe Alfa Spider
Black Metal V8olvo if it still exists
Uber Vogel's Mercedes 190E, which hasn't raced in a year or so
Rustang Ford Mustang
Porcubimmer/The Homer E30
Maybe the Volatile Ram MR2 that Steve McD now owns?
Bernal Dads Volvo 245, of course

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Much obliged. I will see if I can track down those folks!

Bernal Dads Racing

Former cars: #38 Alfa Romeo Milano Cookie, #243 Molvo—Judge's Choice Sears Pointless 2011 (You like us! You really like us!)

Wes' Alfa is an Altamont car

http://www.murileemartin.com/LA08/LAS08-0114.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Sweet! I even have Wes' phone number...

Bernal Dads Racing

The E30 that won at the High Plains race a couple years ago is an Altamont veteran. Not sure where it is now, though.

Did the Faster Farms car run at Altamont?

My recollection is that they debuted at T'hill later that year. Would be happy to be wrong, though.

Bernal Dads Racing

Faster Farms debuted at Thunderhill, yeah. I may have made a factual error in the Best Lemons of All Time post.

As for the Alfa, I believe Nick told me they'd moved all that GTV6's bits onto a "fresh" chassis a few years ago, but I might be wrong. If you've got their phone number, they'll know better than me.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Currently in "semi-retired"status....
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/062-Butt14-IMG_7581_zps5bac8b7a.jpg
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31, w/Improved Smokiness (now in rehab)
2008 AMP Survivior, 2008 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

That is Wes' Alfetta.  As far as I know, that car is long gone.  They are now racing a GTV6, or a BMW masquerading as a Milano.

bs

therood wrote:

Faster Farms debuted at Thunderhill, yeah. I may have made a factual error in the Best Lemons of All Time post.

As for the Alfa, I believe Nick told me they'd moved all that GTV6's bits onto a "fresh" chassis a few years ago, but I might be wrong. If you've got their phone number, they'll know better than me.

Eric, the car pictured is an Alfetta, not a GTV6.  The Alfetta was a late 70's four cylinder.  Their new ride is a GTV6 (or two).

bs

The California Mille Alfetta is retired. The Faster Farms Belvedere debuted at Thunderhill '09. Part of the confusion with the Belvedere is that Adrian and other members of his Belvedere collection were present at the Altamont races and I wrote about that, but the Chickenmobile took quite a while to prep for racing and wasn't ready until much later.

I think the former Chris Overzet Honda CRX is still racing (was it the DILLIGAF car before that?). It was at the 2012 Colorado race, not sure where it is now.

bshorey wrote:
therood wrote:

Eric, the car pictured is an Alfetta, not a GTV6.  The Alfetta was a late 70's four cylinder.  Their new ride is a GTV6 (or two).

bs

Fuggin' Alfa people...

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

16 (edited by fleming95 2016-02-19 05:46 PM)

I think the _engine_ in Chris' topless Honda is an Altamont veteran - take that, you who say Hondas eat head gaskets/throw rods/go kerblooey in Lemons - since the engine outlasted the chassis it had been put in!

therood wrote:

As far as I know:
Maybe the Volatile Ram MR2 that Steve McD now owns?

Actually, Steve owns the MR2 from Stick Figure Racing, which had a few Monty Python themes, Animal House, Unlucky Charmed, and the Mormon Meteor/Bonneville car (and I may have missed one or two).
The Volatile RAM MR2 ended up being half of the MRolla. So, if you want to count that as "mostly an Altamont car", it's still out there and is supposed to be at the AZ race next month.
Stick Figure will be there with a *cough* new car.

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

The LEMON DEMOLITION CRX was an AMP survivor but sold to a team in Colorado and is still racing..different CRX than the DILLIGAF
My original AMP car did live for a total of 20'races before it died

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

cheseroo wrote:

Wes' Alfa is an Altamont car

http://www.murileemartin.com/LA08/LAS08-0114.jpg

Actually that car was rebodied after we finished running at Altamont and then sold off a couple of years later as a complete car to a group in Texas who I believe are running it in the other series. I miss that car. It was a good car it just needed a little more HP.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

YES ... The new version Pink Pig is a survivor ....   www.racerx325.com 

I have been side tracked with a new car project , but with a bit of tender love the Pink Pig can and will be back on track ... Mark White

We're still running Our Saturn that we campaigned under the Lemon Voyeurs. It's parked in Texas and Ran under Cajun Coonasses for a few years after that. Jeff is still running it in the gulf region. It had a Speed racer theme, Mick Jaguar theme complete with a smoking Cigarrette. It will be out again this year...

Cars: '96 Saturn, Prelude, 91-93 SE-R's, Two '84 Rabbits, '87 Scirocco(R.i.P.), '01 Focus, '94 Honda Del Slow, '86 Scirocco, '91 Miata,
Championships: 2009
Races: Too Many to count

It's not official yet, but I have talked Jay into granting free entry for any Altamont-veteran car  to the October 10th-anniversary race at Gingerman.