Topic: What's the best way you've broken the 'I'm racing Lemons' news?

I'm skipping my college reunion to race Thunderhill. A friend is, uh, not amused. Any fun stories about breaking the Lemons news to people who don't get it?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12031784/Screenshot%202016-05-12%2015.18.10.png

- Voltron, Defender of Driving Hard and Getting Shit-faced

Re: What's the best way you've broken the 'I'm racing Lemons' news?

I just tell them that I deal drugs, way more prestigious and understandable.

I just didn't tell them. My parents didn't even know until a few months later, when I think they found some pictures on the Internet. Surprise, we got a trophy, too.

ninjacoco wrote:

I just didn't tell them. My parents didn't even know until a few months later,

Mine did not know until two years later...but that was only because I could not make a family event (again) this time because I was racing...and did not want to.

A friend of mine is getting married in Houston the weekend of MSR. I might be able to arrange the schedule to jet away for a couple hours on Saturday, but considering we'll be running the Rambler in addition to the Dart I'm not putting good odds on it.

I backed a 1979 Buick Skyhawk into the driveway, and my wife made a face like she just opened a bag of carrion.  "We're goin' racin' baby!!"

Glorious.

TKing66 wrote:

I backed a 1979 Buick Skyhawk into the driveway, and my wife made a face like she just opened a bag of carrion.  "We're goin' racin' baby!!"

"Hi, I'm Elric. I think racing a Buick LeSabre for 14 hours is a good idea."