Re: Running first overall and punted out of the race by a fake point-by

oaklandjester wrote:

Anybody do both feet braking?

Only during those "Oh Shiiit!!"moments..... yikes

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

I give point-bys, signal when pitting, and I'll wave at corner workers to acknowledge that I've seen their flag, but that's about it.  It's on every driver to check the local flag station and act accordingly; I have enough to worry about without trying to communicate via semaphore to the driver behind me.

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

BoB wrote:
racinrob wrote:

Or you can do like one of my employees, and use your right foot for the clutch pedal.  Dyslexia is not pretty.

I'm not sure how that would even work.

It didn't.  Fortunately we were in a parking lot.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

BigBird wrote:
oaklandjester wrote:

Only during those "Oh Shiiit!!"moments..... yikes

Wait, that isn't what they mean when the instructor says "both feet in?"

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

I've decided this topic is an important topic to give information on to my team so they are a little more prepared at NJMP this weekend.  I have been looking for a graphic to give them and this is the best I've found.
http://www.xssailing.com/photos/bow-signals/

Anyone find a graphic on the topic?

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

oaklandjester wrote:

We ran Balto as a two-pedal car for a while, then installed a second brake pedal.  One operates the starboard-side brakes and the other the port-side.  It's worth a second-and-a-half at Sears Point.

Scott

hoverducky wrote:
oaklandjester wrote:

We ran Balto as a two-pedal car for a while, then installed a second brake pedal.  One operates the starboard-side brakes and the other the port-side.  It's worth a second-and-a-half at Sears Point.

Scott

Not sure if you're joking, but this reminds me of my friend, who 20 some years ago decided to make his Bugeye Sprite RHD. All the brackets and holes were readily swapped to the other side; he just flipped the rack over and put everything in place. All good until he noticed that the directions were thus reversed. Yes, turn left to go right.

He drove it down the street like that, he said once was enough. It made smoke come out his ears, trying to process the required input/output. I said it was the ultimate anti-theft setup smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Type44 wrote:
hoverducky wrote:
oaklandjester wrote:

Scott

Not sure if you're joking, but this reminds me of my friend, who 20 some years ago decided to make his Bugeye Sprite RHD. All the brackets and holes were readily swapped to the other side; he just flipped the rack over and put everything in place. All good until he noticed that the directions were thus reversed. Yes, turn left to go right.

He drove it down the street like that, he said once was enough. It made smoke come out his ears, trying to process the required input/output. I said it was the ultimate anti-theft setup smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

Type44 wrote:
hoverducky wrote:
oaklandjester wrote:

Scott

Just cross your arms over right hand at 10 o'clock left at 2 o'clock.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Type44 wrote:

Yeah, I was lying.  I've decided that credibility is over-rated.

Scott

I have now decided that pointing over the roof to point by on the right is not a good idea. In this election year, I am not flip flopping. I am "clarifying" my previous position.

At Thunderhill, I tried pointing to the right inside the car, and it was both easier and felt safer, what with all the lunatics around me. Oops, I mean calm and considered fellow drivers. Also, if my point bys looked like I was waving away something annoying, that's pretty much what I intended. (OK, you're faster than me, now stop bugging me.)

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

In a car as wide as ours, with that skinny little racing seat, pointing over the roof isn't an option. The window opening is about  a foot to the left of the side of the seat. I can't rest my elbow on the door when buckled in. Point bys to the right... Will continue to occur inside the car.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)