Re: Please review my cage design

meistro wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Again, sorry for bumping into you when you spun. Hopefully you'll have the issues sorted out for Gingerman.

We had a blast. No worries.. I shouldn't have been sideways in the first place. smile We learned a lot and hope to fit in and be a part of Lemons for years to come.

Spent all day Friday looking for you guys and got worried something happened. I was glad to see you pull up for tech early Saturday. Just sorry you have such a rough first race. Looking forward to seeing you at Gingerman. Glad you're hooked like the rest of us.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:
meistro wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Again, sorry for bumping into you when you spun. Hopefully you'll have the issues sorted out for Gingerman.

We had a blast. No worries.. I shouldn't have been sideways in the first place. smile We learned a lot and hope to fit in and be a part of Lemons for years to come.

Spent all day Friday looking for you guys and got worried something happened. I was glad to see you pull up for tech early Saturday. Just sorry you have such a rough first race. Looking forward to seeing you at Gingerman. Glad you're hooked like the rest of us.

I pretty much expected worse than what we went through. The closest any of us got to a Lemons race was through youtube prior to Joliet. We have a list of bulletproofing to do plus a theme to do still.

I would say we're hooked. Yes, we're hooked. Picking up another vr6 jetta tonight for parts. tongue It never occurred to me how difficult to find and expensive these parts are. We were pretty lucky to find wheel bearings sunday that let us finish the race. Even though my last 2 laps were in 4th gear due to a clip that wiggled its way out. That shift linkage is getting overhauled.

It was a pleasure meeting you cabinboy! See ya at Gingerman. You may not recognize us at first, now that we'll be able to apply the wacky theme.

Question regarding tubing types. We realize that DOM is preferred over ERW. Our cage builder is quoting and prefers us to use HREW 1.75" x .134 wall thickness. Some sites say HREW is the same thing as ERW, but I'm afraid of being turned away if the judges disallow HREW. Other sites say HREW is closer to DOM than to ERW. I suspect the answer here will be to demand DOM from our builder, and we may do that, but just wanted to hear from the experts regarding HREW.

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

phyveaux wrote:

Question regarding tubing types. We realize that DOM is preferred over ERW. Our cage builder is quoting and prefers us to use HREW 1.75" x .134 wall thickness. Some sites say HREW is the same thing as ERW, but I'm afraid of being turned away if the judges disallow HREW. Other sites say HREW is closer to DOM than to ERW. I suspect the answer here will be to demand DOM from our builder, and we may do that, but just wanted to hear from the experts regarding HREW.

Sorry - going to move this to a new thread to make sure it gets seen by more of the experts. Couldn't find much about HREW on the site so maybe a thread dedicated to it would be helpful to other newbies in the future!

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII