Topic: The man with the Gin and Tonics at Thompson.

Hey we met briefly during the after Saturday race when you came through with your cart asking if anyone was interested in G&Ts. We talked briefly and I did not have the bottle of my own made Barrel aged Gin I wanted you to try. Are you going to New Hampshire? I will make sure I do not leave the bottle in my hotel room this time.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

Re: The man with the Gin and Tonics at Thompson.

Never got a chance to chase you down on Sunday.  We're planning to be at NH.

While I was getting my G&T Sat nite someone asked if anyone had a camera phone. I figured I was being set up, but hey, I'll play along. He said his phone was dead and he needed a photo to show his buddies that he was getting his Jack, cigar and G&T on.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa419/fritzpatti/Lemons%20Thompson%202016/IMG_20160813_212342973_zpssgvcmtg1.jpg

Request granted

Fritz

PS, thanks for the Beefeaters with lime!

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

They are a stable of northeast Lemons.  Thanks for the shots guys, we partook when you passed through paddock B saturday night.   What I was surprised is the ALFA team did not do it's normal pasta dinner,  what happened Greg?   We come to rely on you guys to feed the rest of us bums.  We did have some ribs excellent at carbeque aka Eeuroparts pit.

best G&T ever! thank you guys for pouring us a drink.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

We aim to please. 

Last year at Thompson we only got around the garages before we ran against the quiet hour @ 10 pm.  This year we dragged what we thought was a well stocked G&T cart around the back forty to the far reaches of the back paddock.  We ran perilously low on provisions by the time we got to the garages.  We ran our of Tanqueray alarmingly early.  Bombay was the next to go dry.  Beefeater and finally Amsterdam bottles were drained at the garages.  Consumption was more than twice last year.  We were disappointed to show up at the bonfire empty-handed. Next year we'll do a better job of stocking up.

I'd like to believe that our efforts were well received.  Hope to be of service at NHMS in Oct.

nice, cool, tart, fragrant G&T on that hot, muggy night went down soooooo well......

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

8 (edited by Greg S 2016-08-17 07:35 PM)

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

They are a stable of northeast Lemons.  Thanks for the shots guys, we partook when you passed through paddock B saturday night.   What I was surprised is the ALFA team did not do it's normal pasta dinner,  what happened Greg?   We come to rely on you guys to feed the rest of us bums.  We did have some ribs excellent at carbeque aka Eeuroparts pit.

Crazy as it sounds, Angelina (the Alfa) hadn't finished a race in the last 5 entered. After all the work changing the transaxle at the NJMP race and then having to pack up the party and move it all into the garage Saturday night we were busted. So we decided to skip the party at Thompson and see if we could actually finish a race. We did finish and drive the car into the trailer. I am taking that as the curse being broken and ignoring the fact that I had to replace the transaxle after practice and that the power steering line burst hosing down the exhaust on Sunday.

We did really hold the car back all of Saturday and a lot of Sunday to not break anything in the driveline. Half way through Sunday we turned started pushing the car harder and harder.

Some weekends the Pasta party and the good times with my Lemons friends is the best part of my weekend. As much as I enjoy waking up with a hangover Sunday morning and climbing into the old gal for a 3 hour stint with my head pounding I think it was the right decision.

But the good news is the party is on for the October race at NHMS.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

snuffy wrote:

Never got a chance to chase you down on Sunday.  We're planning to be at NH.

Snuffy, no need to fear, I will have a beautiful cocktail for you in New Hampshire waiting once you come around again ;-). I have two different barrel aged gins to try and can't wait to fulfill the promise of giving you them :-)

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.