Re: Lemons Assigned Radio Frequencies

VKZ24 wrote:

......  This assumes that a team actually knows their frequencies however........

Unless people are using pre-programmed bubble-pack radios, or they're using radios that have been programmed by someone who knows exactly what they're doing, i would hope people know their frequencies!    If not, that's a good way to wind up with a repeat of a race shut-down because someone is stepping on a frequency being used by local emergency services.

We sometimes have trouble finding open frequencies even in the licensed bands!

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

I know our team's frequencies, so it's not an issue for us, but I'm sure there are teams that have no idea.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

We have a pretty long list of frequencies we can quickly switch to on our radios.  Having a list somewhere would make selection easier.  I do wonder how many other teams have similar abilities to switch frequencies and if that wouldn't cause a problem on race day.  The available space is so limited that you have to share with multiple teams in most cases.

Since the question comes up alot, yes - we are fully licensed for the frequencies we use.  Our FCC license/Call signs are taped to the radios.  I will admit that we don't use our call signs when communicating during a race, even though we should.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!