Re: Thompson 2016 roll call

I am down for meeting up for a few drinks or go karting. I live in Islip and the car is at my teammates house in Mastic. We lost one member due to him having the wrong attitude about the car and wanting the car for himself after the initial race without contributing time or money to it.  And our other teammate who started this whole thing for us had a medical emergency that may prevent him from ever racing again.

52 (edited by CTSparky 2016-08-08 10:13 AM)

Greg S wrote:

I missed last years Lemons race at Thompson. I've raced there for an SCCA bracket Enduro.

I'm wondering about the paddock layout for Lemons. As in what areas are being used? How much pavement is there?

Any numbers on the car count?

Greg

PADDOCK:  There is One Garage dual sided.  You come off pit lane, make a right,go past the parking, and then another right and loop around the paddock building.

COURSE: The full course is used, none of the shortcuts.  Although the high part of the bank is coned off.

GENERAL PARKING AND PAVEMENT: There is some parking between the hot pit and the paddock, some small parking on the other side of the paddock, and generally small spaces.  There is a hill and there is lots of parking there.

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

fiasco wrote:
budgie wrote:
WarpdSpazm wrote:

I got a call from the track yesterday. They were assigning the garages in advance this time. Big improvement from last year when we all rushed the office at 7am to try and get a garage...

Anyone else get a call? We reserved a garage months ago. I have an email confirmation. Do you think I should call them to confirm. I read in this forum that someone got bumped out a garage? How does that happen?

How it happened for me.

Cell phone rings as I walk to my desk from lunch on Wednesday. Putnam, CT on caller ID. Huh. Figure it is somebody trying to sell me something, but answer anyway. No, it's Thompson, saying that due to a computer error, my garage space was sold after they were sold out. Which is really funny since in a rare bit of being pro-active, I reserved space several weeks before entry closed (mind you these are not connected). They said they were very sorry. Since my boss was standing nearby, I said "Fabulous. Get me my money so I can buy tents."

My team WAS among those shaken down by track security for "garage damage" last year. And I was pissed off enough to send track management an email suggesting they were shaking us down and maybe we'd all feel a lot better if they donated that money to Alex's Lemonade Stand or another worthy cause. Never heard a peep back from them.

Got my $159 and change for the garage rental back a couple days later. Against my better judgement, I'm borrowing my dad's F350 KING RANCH DUALLY CREW CAB and enclosed trailer so we can have a dry and shady base of operation for the weekend. I don't live well with others if I'm sunburned or soaked. Sunburned AND soaked and I'll likely be hiding bodies somewhere in short order. I don't think this setup is less than 40' long, and I have zero desire to unhook it to fit the space.

I'm breathing deeply and trying to smile...

I guess this dashed my hopes of being moved off the wait-list and getting a garage.  In any case we'll be there with our e12 and 4cyl e30.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

n0m4d wrote:

I guess this dashed my hopes of being moved off the wait-list and getting a garage.  In any case we'll be there with our e12 and 4cyl e30.

Yeah, there will likely be some spare WD39 parts brought down with me for Alex. Look for the white trailer with small Snap On stickers attached to the white F350 KING RANCH DUALLY POWERSTROKE CREWCAB MURKA EDITUN!!!!

SDR will be there with the Pinto. 

No wipers, no side windows, it will be our fault....    We will bring umbrellas........

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

Does anyone remember if thompson has showers? I grabbed a hotel last year so I never looked. Think I"m camping this year.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Does anyone remember if thompson has showers? I grabbed a hotel last year so I never looked. Think I"m camping this year.

The race page says it does.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

We were at the Lemons race last year (2015). They did have showers - they are on the 'outfield' side of the bridge (near the grandstands). They were reasonably clean.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

Does anyone know the surface that the paddock is on for us slumming outside.  It looks like it is going to rain all three days.  Just what to know if I should expect a swamp like NJMP.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

mully006 wrote:

Does anyone know the surface that the paddock is on for us slumming outside.  It looks like it is going to rain all three days.  Just what to know if I should expect a swamp like NJMP.

Most of it is a grassy gravel surface with paved access roads.  The areas around the garages are paved but usually reserved for the teams in the garage.

30 entries since 2009

I saw that Thompson doesn't allow Go-Pros on helmets.  Anyone know what the deal is with that?  I suspect this is referring to the motorcycle events hosted there but maybe there is a safety issue that I am unaware of.  I run a Contour camera on my helmet so it made me curious.

30 entries since 2009

Its a mix. Just over the bridge in Paddock "A" (near the garages) there is an area of grass/dirt. Down the road a bit In Paddock "B" (skidpad/autocross area, near the beginning of the main straight) there is a large asphalt area. Last year there was no rain, so I can't say how it will be if (when) it rains this weekend.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

Did a little testing and getting the word out on this weekends race!
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p524/mcguirjf/image_79.jpeg

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

Dahlinboys is in with the Fireball Integra.

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

n0m4d wrote:

I saw that Thompson doesn't allow Go-Pros on helmets.  Anyone know what the deal is with that?  I suspect this is referring to the motorcycle events hosted there but maybe there is a safety issue that I am unaware of.  I run a Contour camera on my helmet so it made me curious.

There is another series that does not allow them on the helmet.  I'm not sure of their reason why.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:
n0m4d wrote:

There is another series that does not allow them on the helmet.  I'm not sure of their reason why.

If I had to guess, it's because it provides a localized force point if you ever have an accident and hit the roll bar with the camera first. Didn't something happen with Schumacher's crash where they thought his go-pro led to the helmet failing before it should have? Easier to make a blanket rule than try to spell out where you can and can't mount it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:
racinrob wrote:
n0m4d wrote:

If I had to guess, it's because it provides a localized force point if you ever have an accident and hit the roll bar with the camera first. Didn't something happen with Schumacher's crash where they thought his go-pro led to the helmet failing before it should have? Easier to make a blanket rule than try to spell out where you can and can't mount it.

That seems valid, thanks.

30 entries since 2009

The garage issue might have been due to the need for the end bays for the officials.

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

teamx123 wrote:

The Gin & Tonic cart and crew is ready to patrol the paddock after the track goes cold Saturday night.  The Audi on the other hand is nowhere near ready.

Uhhhh.....sorry guys, the race is over.....
But don't worry, you got till next year to fix your Audi-doody.....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Weird,  That was a copy/paste of my post #29.

No idea who teamx123 is

Yes, that was strange...

But I wonder if anyone even got my joke/theme...

Audi-doody.....Howdy-doody...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howdy_Doody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIslhp9vqqw

oh well, never mind.....

mz

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

For what its worth MZ, I got the reference.  That is a creepy looking doll on that  Wikipedia page.

Spam-bot. Their only other post was a similarly confusing copy of an earlier post in the K-car section. I presume it's a poor attempt to slowly and stealthily gain post counts before it starts posting links. That's a strange (and not very effective) method.