Topic: Bill from NJMP

We crashed at NJMP and apparently a piece of armco needed to be replaced.   Apparently the track billed Lemons for the damage and that bill has been passed on to me.  Is this a common practice?  It was right after the turn onto the straight.  I know a few other people here crashed here, has anyone else gotten bills?

I have no problem paying it I just want to make sure that is a known practice.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

Re: Bill from NJMP

I have heard this is done at many tracks, but this is the first I've heard about it at a Lemons event.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Happening more and more.  I know that Barber charges for track damage - and that gets passed onto the offending car, if they can find them.
I've got no problem with it.  It should be expensive to hit stuff...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Theres always this stuff wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPvuhz … e=youtu.be

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

steve wrote:

Theres always this stuff wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPvuhz … e=youtu.be

"like my birth did to my parent's marriage"

"tape racist"

Will it pass tech?

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

I did not see him climb into the car that was rolled and was taped with FiberFix....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

I did not see him climb into the car that was rolled and was taped with FiberFix....

In the writeup behind that, it sounded like the guy who bent up and assembled the cage for them was adamant that no humans take the ride or he'd walk.  Can't say I blame him.  Mounts were welded to the car then everything tack welded together, then ground off, then taped together

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

racinrob wrote:

I have heard this is done at many tracks, but this is the first I've heard about it at a Lemons event.

+1.  First I heard of it at a Lemons event.

I know VIR charges our HPDE club for damages at our events, and we in turn pass it on to the offender.  Had a buddy who hit the wall at VIR and had to "by a piece" (Armco) and he said is was like $1800.  He demanded they give him the damaged piece since he paid for it!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
racinrob wrote:

+1.  First I heard of it at a Lemons event.

I know VIR charges our HPDE club for damages at our events, and we in turn pass it on to the offender.  Had a buddy who hit the wall at VIR and had to "by a piece" (Armco) and he said is was like $1800.  He demanded they give him the damaged piece since he paid for it!

They are charging $390 for the damage.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

mully006 wrote:

They are charging $390 for the damage.

Sounds like a steal!  At VIR they only replace full sections so they charge for the full piece and the labor to install it.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

NJMP charged me for track clean-up when I blew my engine and oiled it down during practice on friday a few years ago.   Not sure about during the Lemons events though,

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Wow $390 is cheap.  This is completely normal at NJMP.  One of my teammates owns a $2000 section of armco on Lightning turn 1 after his front rotor exploded on his Corvette braking from well over 100 mph.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Drdanteiii wrote:

NJMP charged me for track clean-up when I blew my engine and oiled it down during practice on friday a few years ago.   Not sure about during the Lemons events though,

Well, can you hardly blame them when they had to use 20 bags of oil dry?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Yeah, $390 is a downright steal. Glad you're OK, most of all.

I'm kind of not surprised NJMP would charge for damage. That track is super nice.

ninjacoco wrote:

Yeah, $390 is a downright steal. Glad you're OK, most of all.

I'm kind of not surprised NJMP would charge for damage. That Whole Authoritarian Tax State is super nice.

Sarcasm adjusted for more truth.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport