Topic: NHMS October race

I am in the process of building a car for this race and wondering if this is a event that typically sells out. I only ask because we have been so focused on getting our crappy VW together we haven't figured out a "theme" yet..... Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ADSA95

Re: NHMS October race

you can register anyways. does not hurt.
when it will ask for your payment, then you can decide what to do. before due date.
dont worry too much about theme yet, get your crapcan done first. race ready. you can do theme at the event.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Normally has about 145 entries .

The east coast does not seem to have the same problems of the west coast with huge wait lists. That said, if you're a new team put at least a few minutes of thought into your team concept. NH does have a large field of cars. Basically you want to prove to HQ that you're a team that will be fun to have around for the weekend, not a group of SCCA sticklers who can't take a joke.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Hello I have entered it to first time with my 1998 VW Beetle TDI  we have done a few Chump races with it.
For the theme I did not add it  in, I see it is on hold ?
So we where thinking it to be the Boston Smoker my brother makes killer smokers for cooking so I would think a small smoker added to the roof and run the EX up to it and cooks some brisket  for later. we would just use the smoky diesel just for heat .
Or Boston Bake bean pot 
What do you think?? We would like to run it up there, we were at Thompson  for test day but broke a axle.
Bob Mann

DRVOLKS wrote:

Hello I have entered it to first time with my 1998 VW Beetle TDI  we have done a few Chump races with it.
For the theme I did not add it  in, I see it is on hold ?
So we where thinking it to be the Boston Smoker my brother makes killer smokers for cooking so I would think a small smoker added to the roof and run the EX up to it and cooks some brisket  for later. we would just use the smoky diesel just for heat .
Or Boston Bake bean pot 
What do you think?? We would like to run it up there, we were at Thompson  for test day but broke a axle.
Bob Mann

The applications for NH are due this weekend, you won't see if you're accepted until next week.

A few teams do car cooked food. Not to dissuade you at all, more food is always better. As long as you mount it safely, and make sure the eventual exhaust exit is behind the driver (per the rules) you should have no issues doing what you've stated.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Thanks for info I am trying to plan around that weekend .
Bob Mann

i think the fact that it's a diesel makes it just about a guaranteed "in" for the race!

Still, themes are always fun.   especially if they revolve around bacon.   Mmmmmm

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

What would you guy like to see on the menu?
He dos a killer brisket . First we would do a slow smoking at the camper say 2 hours then install  it for the race I think we can control the heat with a EX flapper I tested to a temp prop relay and just check it on pit stops.
add some VT bacon too !
Bob Mann

"you can register anyways. does not hurt.
when it will ask for your payment, then you can decide what to do. before due date.
dont worry too much about theme yet, get your crapcan done first. race ready. you can do theme at the event."

When I go to register the concept field is a mandatory field to be filled out. So it doesn't appear that you can figure the theme out at the track unless I am missing something?....

Yeah, needs a theme at the initial entry.   You're stuck with that write-up forever.       the only way to change your theme, is to "Create a new team" when you register

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

mike944 wrote:

Yeah, needs a theme at the initial entry.   You're stuck with that write-up forever.       the only way to change your theme, is to "Create a new team" when you register

Not true. I've changed mine a few times. Sign up for a new race with the existing team, then go and edit team info.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

i've tried.    looks like it takes the update, but when you go back and check later, it's still the same.

No idea what's different, but the change sticks for mine. I've been using the same team for a few years and have changed the write up a few times. Just changed it for the NHMS race and it stuck.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

A: Bacon is overdone....
B: Diesel bug with something bolted on top ... you're on the right path!

Jeff
Three Pedal Mafia
Ombudsman - Coalition of Alternate Breakfast Meats

littleturquoiseb wrote:

A: Bacon is overdone....
B: Diesel bug with something bolted on top ... you're on the right path!

I think pork belly's would do fine .
Thanks  all of you guys.
I will go with the Boston Smoker .
Bob Mann

That's cool. Might want to use bio diesel to enhance flavor lol. We should pit by each other. Our VW converts emissions into beer. At end of the day when beers crack open we crack open tapper and drink the days collection ROFL. Then the music from Spies Like Us from the mobile missile launch tent scene plays.

Thanks for all your help I am going and all set. I may have some seats open will be there Friday for testing and weekend. I am just waiting  to hear back from guys that drove it a Walkin Glen and Lime Rock under Chump.
Bob Mann