Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

NSF wrote:
teamx123 wrote:

Were picking up Super K this weekend.  SbT may or may not choose to repair the engine and prep it for Boston.  If they choose to abstain we will ship it down here for retrofit..

I would love to see K and the Rambler on track together.

Last I heard, that is happening.

Wendell34 wrote:
NSF wrote:
teamx123 wrote:

Were picking up Super K this weekend.  SbT may or may not choose to repair the engine and prep it for Boston.  If they choose to abstain we will ship it down here for retrofit..

I would love to see K and the Rambler on track together.

Last I heard, that is happening.

Boston? Rambler isn't going to Boston.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

The user "teamx123" was a spambot. It copied the text of its message from a much earlier post in this thread.

Is it still kicking around?

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

Last I heard, it was still with Zero Budget racing, who were willing to give it away to anyone who would take it off their hands.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Any chance someone could get me their contact information? I might take it to Atlanta in December.

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

It hasn’t been crushed, has it?

MasterShake wrote:

It hasn’t been crushed, has it?

Nope, Hiding in Ohio I believe.

Just don't let Tsogy near it!

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

334 (edited by SpaceFrank 2018-10-01 06:56 PM)

K is still sitting in a shop in Wilmington, Ohio. Free to any taker as long as you take the truckload of stuff that goes with it (wheels and tires, spare parts, a blown up engine, a good engine that doesn't fit, etc.), though the current owner might help you scrap some of the less useful stuff.

As far as I know, it needs the following: a new engine installed (the last one blew up in California), a new windshield (the last explodey engine made someone very angry), a new gas tank (still haven't heard the story on this), some roll cage updates (it hasn't raced since 2014), probably an entirely new wiring harness (it was a nightmare of kludge fixes), and a bunch of other small stuff. If the hood with the painting of Jay, Phil, and Lee Iacocca as communists is still with it, Rich and Mona in Denver probably want that back (which the Lemons cross-country parts delivery team can probably help with). Sasha probably has the title and registration, if you care about that.

PM me on the forum if you're interested in being a hero, and I can put you in touch with the gentleman in Ohio that currently owns it. Just keep in mind that several people have talked about rescuing the K and never came through, so the dude might not have much patience left for BS.

Wish I’d just kept it.

The K has been revived and has been turned over to EyeMWing For the 2019 Escape from Moscow Rally ending at Barber.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

The K is now back in Florida with the people responsible for starting this whole mess.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I would love to have a car for kids like the first one upside in the first message, with the US flag