Topic: help finding a car

If anyone who lives  in north texas over near dallas knows of a Lemons car that shouldnt be too hard for a highschooler to fix. please post it im having trouble finding one

Re: help finding a car

hey im new but anyways ive tried craigslist ebay and a host of websites but what do yall recomend

Craigslist almost exclusively...lots of threads on this and we tend to post a combination of whacky crap and valid potential race cars in the appropriate topic.

Search terms like "ran when parked" and "divorce" are really useful.
Camaro is more often spelled Camero

Also good if you have them in your area are things like Kars 4 Kids auctions and the like.  Many post the cars on a website the week before the auction and I have seen many a donated hooptie sell for $2-350.

I responded to your other post but since you now mention your location...I got a daily driver Volvo 760 at a Kars 4 Kids auction in FT Worth when I lived in Tulsa.  Most of the Neons and cavaliers were going for under $500.

From CL:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5739355897.html
https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/5743300884.html
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5743562994.html
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5740303084.html

Similar posts merged.

If building a Lemons car, most would suggest buying one already built. Plenty of these posted in the classifieds here.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Craigslist almost exclusively...lots of threads on this and we tend to post a combination of whacky crap and valid potential race cars in the appropriate topic.

Also good if you have them in your area are things like Kars 4 Kids auctions and the like.  Many post the cars on a website the week before the auction and I have seen many a donated hooptie sell for $2-350.

another great search term is "No Title"     No title is the kiss of death for a street car.  Cuts the value in half or more!

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

mike944 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

another great search term is "No Title"     No title is the kiss of death for a street car.  Cuts the value in half or more!

Or for us, "emissions"  failed or fails....

rlchv70 wrote:

If building a Lemons car, most would suggest buying one already built. Plenty of these posted in the classifieds here.

YES, YES, YES

I started a team last year and we tried to build a car.  After a few months we realized that we were going to spend more getting it ready than it would cost to buy a built one. 

For your first car buy one that someone else has built and run.  It will save you tons of hassle and be cheaper in the long run.  Hell, getting a cage made will cost you around $2500 at a good shop.  You are looking at $4-5k minimum all in depending on how many upgrades you do.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

Second buying a prepped car, I cut every corner used questionable eBay parts etc... And the car is still tipping the $4,000 scales

My Team is likely going to sell one or both of our mid 90's Honda Accords that already have the H22a engine in them and run great.  We would be wanting $2,500 for each and both are solid Class B cars - maybe even win overall or A with the fuel stops done right as can run VERY low 2 minute laps at MSR Houston.

Both will be running in the November Race at MSR and likely for sale afterwards - interested?

Or if you wanted one now maybe we can make a deal!

thanks,

Jay