Topic: Harness Mounting Question - corbeau seat slider

Question regarding lap belt mounting. I think we are going to have the option in our car to use the outboard seatbelt mounting location from the factory, which is located on the sill inline with the rear of our seat. It sits properly for a downward and 45 degree pull for the driver. Our corbeau seat slider has a inside (along the transmission tunnel) seat belt mounting location for what would have been the buckle in a normal seatbelt configuration. Is this acceptable for the inside lap belt mounting? No big deal if not, we well mount that harness to the floor with backer plate/and/or legal load washer.

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Re: Harness Mounting Question - corbeau seat slider

I would not mount to the slider....if shit goes south and there is a serious impact,there is the possibility of your seat slider breaking loose...in that scenario,you and the seat are going to be flying around inside the car and that defeats the purpose of the belts..
This is just my opinion...
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

I would not mount to the slider....if shit goes south and there is a serious impact,there is the possibility of your seat slider breaking loose...in that scenario,you and the seat are going to be flying around inside the car and that defeats the purpose of the belts..
This is just my opinion...
Mike

Good enough explanation for me! We will bolt to the floor. Thanks for the input on that!

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Yeah, bolting to the sliders is a bad plan.  FWIW.  Gilles Villeneuve was killed while strapped into his seat which was ejected from his Ferrari in a crash.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)