Topic: Bring FM radio-equipped boomboxes to CMP, for Radio Station W-JUDGE!

http://autoweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/gen-738-415/public/14-BoomboxParty.jpg?itok=HtmteTqS

I have an FM radio transmitter, a large collection of LeMony music, and the world's shittiest mixer. Hong Norrth's Mike Taylor, who is an RF engineer with a PhD (believe it or not), is loaning me a good broadcast antenna. We are going to broadcast announcements, lost-&-found, parts requests, and music on FM at the CMP race, via this unofficial, completely-not-affiliated-with-LeMons-HQ, Lemons Supreme Court radio station: W-JUDGE.

So, bring your boomboxes, thrift-store receivers/velvet-covered speakers, and other devices able to receive FM signals and make them loud. If you build an awesome homemade boombox, perhaps as the output of a last-second Boombox Building Party, and bring it to the race, you will have a big edge on the Judges' Choice trophy.

Bonus points if your race car has an FM radio and plays W-JUDGE while on the track.

Re: Bring FM radio-equipped boomboxes to CMP, for Radio Station W-JUDGE!

Can I just use the one in my Lemons car?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

We did install this in the RaceRambler......
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/ramblerradio_zpsdw5k1b0i.jpg
Radio courtesy of Judge Phil.....Thanks,Phil!!

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Will you be launching K-JUDGE at Buttonwillow? Because that would be cool.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

I won't be at Buttonwillow. Going to Gingerman and NHMS, though.

Our car at NH will have a functioning radio. We will tune in.

FYI, Anyone running the baofeng type radios, you can set them up to listen to FM while monitoring other channels, so it will constantly play FM and then cut over to your comms channel when you talk or have something incoming.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I'm bringing a mixer and a set of JBL Eons for the party Saturday night.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Bonus points if your junkyard boombox seats 10 people?

Sweet, we have a radio in the trailer, great to listen to while we keep out of the rain....