Re: Button Turrible, Who's coming?

Spank wrote:

But if I eat 7 bags of Doritos in one weekend, I'll probably condition myself to be sick of them for a good long while and then slowly I'll be able to reintroduce myself to eating them, but in a more-healthy portion size.

Are you quite certain the truth won't be closer to "Hey, I just found out about a new flavor of Doritos that some guy in Nebraska is selling on Craigslist. I think I know someone who can help me score a bag..."?

I'll see you in a couple of days. Mmmmm, Doritos.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I will be arriving late Thursday afternoon with the Super Snipe.

I will be bringing as much of my shop as I can cram into the U-Haul truck.   If there is anything
you need, there is a good chance that I will have it: hose clamps, electrical parts, wire, o-rings, cool suit
fittings, seat belt hardware, welding equipment (TIG and MIG), tape of all sorts, etc.

At one time I thought the Super Snipe needed racing quality brake fluid.   Ha!

So, I have a carton (six 12 oz. cans) of Wilwood Hi-Temp 570 degree Brake Fluid I don't need.
I will be bringing it to the Buttonwillow race, so drop by Garage #15 and pick some up.
Only $8/can ($10.76 list) or $40 ($53.96 list) for the whole box (6 cans).

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

53 (edited by socal.colin 2016-09-27 04:28 PM)

I am coming back to play as part of Spank's collective.  Been a couple years.. last time I was Spud the scarecrow.

Bringing the camera  with me, it has been awhile since I did that either. If I get anything good they will be provided.

Is it really going to be in the 70s over the weekend? -

Edit - seen the latest report looks more like low-mid 80s.. meaning that, well likely by my science, that at the actual race it will be mid 90s

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

Spank wrote:

You skipped over that it is supposed to be 96 on Thurs and 90 on Fri. So if it doesn't push out as scheduled, it could be ballz.

Can't be any worse than THill.
The EASY 908/14 will be there. Just got it running yesterday.

Ciao

Jim

55 (edited by skivittlerjimb 2016-09-27 04:33 PM)

Ernie will be there to throw his full support behind the thirty-third party candidacy of Nick Pon.  HOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKKKK!

Ain't no 400 pounders better at Cyber than Mr. Pon. Even though Sasha hacked the Lemons HQ email servers located in Geoff Glenn's basement to reveal the Deborah McDaniel-Rood conspiracy to rig the Lemons nomination in favor of George Herbert Walker Pagel, Nick "jazz pianist" Pon prevailed in the primaries. Nick loves the KershawIan's and Deer Trailers! Ernie Sanders the 240SX and his throng of supporters (well, three of us anyway) defy the pundits like Phil Carville Greden who say an Alameda boy can't rise to the highest office in the land, and that KA24Es are too blow-uppy for Lemons.

Ernie still hasn't run under his own power since Thunderhill Sweat Fest and the Hayward Hermaphrodte Adventure, but we'll be there all the same.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

1 seat filled. 2 still available.

Spank wrote:

1 seat filled. 2 still available.

If you still need a driver on Friday, come find me. I'll be the guy with the shag wig and snake skin pants fretting over the red Corolla wagon...

-Johan

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

We're ready.

We've got our get-out-of-penalty-box-free certificate and everything.

https://scontent.fsjc1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14434932_1459578427389643_752503917838411376_o.jpg

59 (edited by CowDriver 2016-09-28 08:10 PM)

I thought it stood for GO Off Pavement = Black Flag.  smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Way better than Goop Boyfriend I guess.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Spank wrote:

You skipped over that it is supposed to be 96 on Thurs and 90 on Fri. So if it doesn't push out as scheduled, it could be ballz.

First you say "The temp is dropping 15 degrees in one day? That must mean a front is coming in, so it's probably gonna rain." Now you doubt the temp will drop as predicted.

I know you're a glutton for punishment when it comes to your choice of vehicles to race, but I didn't realize you were a weather masochist too! Just enjoy the damn nice(ish) weather! I don't think I've ever been to Buttonwillow when it hasn't been 95+.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Look for the giant shopping kart ... It's cool .

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...