Re: How have you shortened your life span working on your hooptie?

I'd say welding anything on the Porsche 924 was the worst. We've been re-purposing some of its metal as of late and made sure to do all the welding outside and in short bursts while holding breath. I swear it has more zinc than iron in it.

K Car Stalker

Does burning ones junk while on the last weld of your first cage constitute shortened life span?

(picture a skinny guy in the back seat area of a caged monte carlo spinning in like a hooked gator)

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Infinniti wrote:

Does burning ones junk while on the last weld of your first cage constitute shortened life span?

(picture a skinny guy in the back seat area of a caged monte carlo spinning in like a hooked gator)

EEEEESH

Yes.

I'm sure the number of times I've banged my head on the wing of the Brickmobile, and the inside mirror for that matter, have not been a health benefit.

My teammate and best mechanic likes to put new suspension pieces against the frame, and when he thinks they will stay in place with a press fit, he lets go of them.  Usually he is laying underneath them when he does this.  Sometimes it is his head underneath the part.

We have learned that gravity is stronger than his Jedi mind powers.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

I broke a rib this week working on Sparky, the new Duff Beer car. It's not life threatening, but for us over-50 geezers, we don't heal like we used to.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!