Re: CMP - Post race

steve wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
GoFastEnthusiast wrote:

I'd love to know what kind of cooler you are running VKZ24 so I can rip the guts out of ours and put it into something that will last longer.  We were using homemade ice blocks, e.g. frozen milk jugs and cutting them open to dump in the block of ice, but this is obviously not as good as a solid, clear block of ice.

I'm using a standard 24 quart Rubbermaid cooler.  We use start with about 1.5" of water and the rest is just bagged ice crammed FULL.  Last 2 hours with the pump running continuously.  At each stop we added about 10lb. of new ice and kept on trucking.  Using an external pump, we have room for a little more ice than most.

have you ever considered separating the return line and running it through something like a transmission cooler hung in a window of the car or else where to try and cool the hot return water back to the ice cooler?

Steve,
judging from the temps at the track this weekend, I would say this won't work. There needs to be a large enough temperature difference between the return water and the ambient air to have a heat transfer. The ambient air also needs to be cooler than the return water which probably didn't happen (at least for long) last weekend. In fact you might have heated up the return line further doing this.
Our cooler, build by GoFastEnthusiast, worked reasonably well for being a first attempt at this. We just need to find a better way of adding ice or a cooler that holds it cool longer.

2 liter soda bottles, filled with water and frozen on dry ice all weekend.  We fit 5 in our cooler and change them every 4 hours.  Only problem we have is a design failure where we lose enough water over time to uncover the pump.  Will be fixing that with some proper gaskets on the cooler lid. 
Putting bottles in the cooler that start at -100F makes for a really nice run...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

I make about ~200# of ice before the races.  I make it in 16# / 2 gallon blocks.  Those blocks go into directly the cooler and I let the extra water fall out into the spare tire area where it drains out.  The blocks last ~2hours in the car.  Our cool shirt has a 12v LED dimmer switch attached so we can control the volume of water being passed through.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I'm finally getting around to the GoPro footage from our car.... Here is a link to the Sunday restart after quiet hour.

https://youtu.be/N6Bj_O0Sz-k?t=1s

William
Team SOB

for those interested in the DIY cooler, I use this one, which does not leak AT ALL.

http://www.hydrationdepot.com/gatorade- … ooler.html

John

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

JMo wrote:

for those interested in the DIY cooler, I use this one, which does not leak AT ALL.

http://www.hydrationdepot.com/gatorade- … ooler.html

John

Much like a modern sunroof, it's much easier to give it place to leak rather than attempting to make it water tight.  My cooler has a over flow tube that is design to keep the water at a maximum level.  Once that level is reached, it flows out the tube right onto the exhaust, where it turns to steam so we don't get a BF for leaking fuel, since corner workers can't tell water from fuel.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Klayfish wrote:

Tyler,
Whomever your driver was on Sunday from around 1:00pm to 2:30pm, I had an awesome time racing him.  I was driving the #34 Honda Civic coupe.  It was all black like yours, with the headlights covered in red tape.  I had quite a long, and clean, battle with your car for a good long while.  Several times we ran literally side by side battling for position.  Your car/driver was probably a 1/10th or two faster than me in wide open track, but in traffic we were having a lot of fun battles.  It must have been a solid 30 minutes we were bumper to bumper.  The Terminally Confused car joined in the fun for a while, as did another Civic or two.  It was a Honda-fun-fest and I had a blast.

That was me.  While my lap times Sunday were not as fast as Saturday, I had WAY more fun actually getting into some racing with other cars!  Our back and forth was fun and it was cool to see several of the other Civics / Del Sol join in at different points. We'd set a 'soft' rev limit of 6500 but i MIGHT have broached that once or twice Sunday in an effort to squeeze ahead  wink

DamnYank! wrote:
Klayfish wrote:

Tyler,
Whomever your driver was on Sunday from around 1:00pm to 2:30pm, I had an awesome time racing him.  I was driving the #34 Honda Civic coupe.  It was all black like yours, with the headlights covered in red tape.  I had quite a long, and clean, battle with your car for a good long while.  Several times we ran literally side by side battling for position.  Your car/driver was probably a 1/10th or two faster than me in wide open track, but in traffic we were having a lot of fun battles.  It must have been a solid 30 minutes we were bumper to bumper.  The Terminally Confused car joined in the fun for a while, as did another Civic or two.  It was a Honda-fun-fest and I had a blast.

That was me.  While my lap times Sunday were not as fast as Saturday, I had WAY more fun actually getting into some racing with other cars!  Our back and forth was fun and it was cool to see several of the other Civics / Del Sol join in at different points. We'd set a 'soft' rev limit of 6500 but i MIGHT have broached that once or twice Sunday in an effort to squeeze ahead  wink

So YOU blew the headgasket.  I knew it!   (j/k...I couldn't see the tach needle over the dash bar at one point.)   The car is supposed to have a rev limiter, but I never found it.  I had a lot of good Honda-Honda racing in my stints as well. With many of the others having B swaps, I was pretty impressed that our little D16 with a blown headgasket could still hang.  At least until it was time to pit for water.

sah298 wrote:

On track, the car felt good, as did the new Kirkey 70 seat, and we enjoyed (most of) the close racing. . Racing with the black/yellow Lemons police car on Sunday afternoon, on the other hand, was a hoot.  Easily 15 laps of one of us chasing the other down, being nose to tail, or side by side.  He had me on power, but I had him on braking and cornering.  Sorry, (but not really) if some of my track positioning during braking with him behind me screwed up other people, but that car needed to stay behind me! I found out later that he was yelling into his radio, "I'm going to get that Saab! I'm going to get that Saab!" after I passed him, so I think the feeling was mutual. Had some good running with the radioactive Mustang, also, before they went off road at the Kink.

Anyway, tons o' fun.  Couldn't partake of the bbq (parts run), but next year I think I'm going to bring a shrimp boil for it. Did, however, have dinner with Disco and the Death of a CRX team on the way out of town.  Good people.  Funny people!  (Disco, we need to get together between races.)  I hope we stayed adequately out of the way of you speedsters, and we'll see you at Barber (and maybe at the rumored rally east?), hopefully with more power and better handling!

I was driving the 911. I'm with you, that was fun stuff. I'll tell you, you didn't make it easy for me lol. I know you were getting everything you could out of that Saab. Your inside rear tire was picking up in the sharp turns. Anyway, I had a blast.  Hope to see you guys at barber

Thanks to everyone, especially the Idle Clatter and Squirtin Coronas, for all the support over our first Lemons weekend in the 190E. Apologies for everyone that passed us both days, we had no idea how slow our car would be. But we all considered it a success- we passed tech without a hitch, and our basically-rebuilt motor never budged above 85C, the transmission didn't give up (although we had to work the auto ourselves to use 2nd and 3rd gear), and our brakes (thanks to Carbotech) were phenomenal. Yes, our giubo tried to kill my leg, but after disassembly on saturday night we all learned firsthand the construction method used by the Germans and were luckily able to put the 190 back on the track after lunch on Sunday.
We all agreed some suspension improvements are a must for next race, so hopefully we can kill the body roll and keep up a little better next race!

Giubo Grabbers #190 - 91 Mercedes 190E
2016 CMP Fall South "Heroic Fix" Winner

b1kfd wrote:
sah298 wrote:

On track, the car felt good, as did the new Kirkey 70 seat, and we enjoyed (most of) the close racing. . Racing with the black/yellow Lemons police car on Sunday afternoon, on the other hand, was a hoot.  Easily 15 laps of one of us chasing the other down, being nose to tail, or side by side.  He had me on power, but I had him on braking and cornering.  Sorry, (but not really) if some of my track positioning during braking with him behind me screwed up other people, but that car needed to stay behind me! I found out later that he was yelling into his radio, "I'm going to get that Saab! I'm going to get that Saab!" after I passed him, so I think the feeling was mutual. Had some good running with the radioactive Mustang, also, before they went off road at the Kink.

Anyway, tons o' fun.  Couldn't partake of the bbq (parts run), but next year I think I'm going to bring a shrimp boil for it. Did, however, have dinner with Disco and the Death of a CRX team on the way out of town.  Good people.  Funny people!  (Disco, we need to get together between races.)  I hope we stayed adequately out of the way of you speedsters, and we'll see you at Barber (and maybe at the rumored rally east?), hopefully with more power and better handling!

I was driving the 911. I'm with you, that was fun stuff. I'll tell you, you didn't make it easy for me lol. I know you were getting everything you could out of that Saab. Your inside rear tire was picking up in the sharp turns. Anyway, I had a blast.  Hope to see you guys at barber

Oh yeah.  We will definitely be at Barber.  And now that I know that I can increase the front roll stiffness a bit, you'll still be able to pull me on the straights.

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

Here is the post race report I send to family and friends:

I'm gonna mix things up a little. Long winded but...

People ask or wonder why we drive 20 hours round trip to get maybe 3 1/2 hours of seat time in the car, spend the rest of the weekend sweating or freezing, cooking, wrenching on the car, running for fuel, or food, or ice, changing in and out of fire suits and helmets for pit stops and then get home at 3:30 Monday morning?

After the track went cold Saturday, the series organizer came over the PA and summoned everyone to HQ. Usually this is not a good sign, we are about to get yelled at for lousy driving, abusing the rules or any other number of things.

This time we were informed that a crewman for one of the teams had collapsed from a heart attack and was taken to the hospital where he died. The point was made that one reason we are able to spend a weekend doing something we enjoy is that there are others like us who are willing to do it as well, and to make sure you enjoy and acknowledge them, because they might not be there next time.

The Lemons group is competitive, we all want to win but most of us have realized that helping each other out is as good as winning. Simple things "like you need a bolt, look through my bin take what you need", someone who has already loaded and locked his trailer unlocking it so you can borrow a board to help get your car in your trailer, telling someone who can't catch their ride in the parade to hop on, asking your pit neighbor if they want to run an electric cord to their camper from yours when their generator quits. Yes, all these things happened last weekend and we were involved one way or another. I could go on and on, but it is a great bunch of people to be around!

So that's why we we drive long hours, cook dinner for 15-20 people and are exhausted for a week after a race. Wouldn't have it any other way!

So for the race: short story, finished 32nd (out of 96), had a few mechanical issues on Sunday, and some radio and cool shirt issues Saturday. One black flag and may have finally figured out how to keep the video camera running all day!

Long version:Spent the day Friday finishing some things up on the car, brake pads, brake ducts, general clean up. Friday evening was the parade and block party.  Put tags on the car so we could drive it to the parade (20 miles from the track). I got picked, it's a little squirrelly on the road, but was fine. Driving back to the track, I needed to use the facilities, but refused to pull over knowing 30 or so teams would pass, honk and laugh!

Phil went first Saturday, then Jake, Mat and I finished up, about 2 hours each. When Phil got in he could hear us over the radio, but we could not hear him. We had already set times for pit stops, so no worries. Swapped Jake in, then Mat right on schedule. They all complained the car was down on power, but ran well. I finished up with the old radio system in my helmet and had communications. Our new video power set up worked, but was not fully charged, got video up to about 5:45, racing quit at 6:30 so not bad.

Sat night replaced the brake pads, swapped the old radio gear back in, went to the BBQ put on by one of the teams, visited with some people and called it a night.

Sunday we race from 9-11, then have an hour break. Since Jake was rockstarring out (leaving early to fly home. Damn job!)) that afternoon, he did the 2 hour shift. He said the front end was clunking a little, but otherwise OK. I mentioned swapping half shafts, but we decided not to (foreshadowing alert!). Things are about to get interesting!

Mat ran next. First issue, the cool suit cooler I had rewired was not working. Swap coolers. Second issue, starter button not working, no big deal, push and bump start car. Mat goes out, track goes green. After a half hour or so Mat calls in "Brake pedal just went to the floor, car's all over the place, coming in". One of the pads on the right front was stuck and hot. Thermonuclear hot according to Phil. We got it taken apart, loose and hopefully working, and put it back together. As I'm putting the wheel on I notice the hub is wobbling. "Umm, something's missing". See photo titled "something's missing".

On a front wheel drive car there are half shafts that connect the transmission to the wheels, the driveshaft. The half shaft passes through the hub, and has a big bolt on the end. The bolt was missing, the thread the bolt threads on to was missing, it had sheared off. Time to swap a half shaft. Got it done in about 15 minutes, sent Mat back out.

I drove the third shift, refueled and swapped drivers on the hot pit, pushing the car to start it again. About 20 minutes into my run, the pedal goes to the floor again, and the car is all over. Into the pits. The half shaft nut had loosened up, and brake fluid was leaking. 10 minutes or so I'm back on track, a little worried about the brakes so I take it easy. With about 45 minutes to go I spot the Brick Mustang at the far end of the straight, our friend Rob. The chase is on. They accelerate better than us, but we have better brakes, so he would pull away on the straights and I'd gain at the corners. I got close several times, there may have been a little blocking going on, and could not make the pass. I knew where I was better, set it up going into turn 5, got next to him and we drag raced down the back straight. There is a turn called the kink in the back stretch, a flat slight right. I knew (hoped) he would brake for the kink more than me, he did, I made the pass. As I did I was thinking "Okay, either this is the winning pass or I'm going home in an ambulance!" They threw the checkers the next lap, and I held him off! 45 minutes of FUN. Rob pulled next to me on the cool down, all smiles and thumbs up, he had as much fun as I did.

Video worked all day, have some great shots, just need to get them edited. Loaded up, started the long haul home, arriving at 3:30 AM.

Next race: New Hampshire Motor Speedway October 22nd & 23rd. Link to photos:  http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/fritz … CMP%202016

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

dahlinboysracing wrote:

With about 45 minutes to go I spot the Brick Mustang at the far end of the straight, our friend Rob. The chase is on. They accelerate better than us, but we have better brakes, so he would pull away on the straights and I'd gain at the corners. I got close several times, there may have been a little blocking going on, and could not make the pass. I knew where I was better, set it up going into turn 5, got next to him and we drag raced down the back straight. There is a turn called the kink in the back stretch, a flat slight right. I knew (hoped) he would brake for the kink more than me, he did, I made the pass. As I did I was thinking "Okay, either this is the winning pass or I'm going home in an ambulance!" They threw the checkers the next lap, and I held him off! 45 minutes of FUN. Rob pulled next to me on the cool down, all smiles and thumbs up, he had as much fun as I did.

Video worked all day, have some great shots, just need to get them edited. Loaded up, started the long haul home, arriving at 3:30 AM.

http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/fritz … CMP%202016

That was some of the most fun I've had in 5 years of Lemons.  Two guys with wounded rides racing our butts off, knowing that it was for nothing but fun between friends.  I am looking forward to your video.

I had some practice racing like this earlier in the stint, as the #113 red Supra and the #420 Subaru played the same game with me, just not for as long.  I didn't get to chat with those drivers, but I hope they were having fun too.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

steve wrote:

Quick question so what happened to the Ranchero coming through the kink on Sunday? It looked like the oil pan fell off with all of the smoke and then the track clean up afterwards.  I saw where they were back on the track later on

First we want to apologize to everyone for oiling things down on Sunday. 

We been having a lot of bad luck the last several races with the Ranchero.  Drop a valve at the last race and destroyed the motor so we built another, ran great all day Saturday until it started to over heat at about 4:00pm, because of bad head gasket.  Missed the last two & half (2.5) hours of racing.  Pulled the engine down to the short block before the BBQ and ran for parts.  Then took a break for the BBQ.

Thanks so much for the BBQ, and the Duff custom brew.  You guys really rock! 

Party over time to get back to repair the motor.  New head gaskets, heads back on and valve train re-installed, distributor in, engine reassembled and ready to fire, only it's 2:00 am.  Being good neighbors we'll wait till the morning.  Everything ran OK Sunday morning until the incident in the Kink. 

The Kink was an oil line to the oil cooler blew out which pumped all the oil out of the engine and all over the car and under the tires.   A #8 AN line blew apart and dumped 9 quarts of oil.  Luckily our driver, in the middle of the spin, thought to shut things down. We are all thinking we lost another motor but after opening the hood, we could see the line blown and oil everywhere.  Judge Phil came down for some massive exploded parts pics but we had to disappoint him.  We removed the oil cooler, put some oil in her and crossed our fingers hoping we saved the motor.  No noise and 60 lbs of oil pressure, sooooo we're good right?   Motor seemed OK.  No noise, good pressure.  Lets run it.

Again, sorry to cause a mess.  That's our first full course yellow caused by us in 15 races, so I guess we are doing OK.  We had a great time and want to thank everyone that helped us get back on track with thread sealant for head bolts and various other assists with parts and the moral support of so many that stopped by just to tell us they loved the car.. 

Thank you all.

+1 on "love the Ranchero" 

It surprised me with it's pace.

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

R&R wrote:
steve wrote:

Quick question so what happened to the Ranchero coming through the kink on Sunday? It looked like the oil pan fell off with all of the smoke and then the track clean up afterwards.  I saw where they were back on the track later on

We been having a lot of bad luck the last several races with the Ranchero.  Drop a valve at the last race and destroyed the motor so we built another, ran great all day Saturday until it started to over heat at about 4:00pm, because of bad head gasket.  Missed the last two & half (2.5) hours of racing.  Pulled the engine down to the short block before the BBQ and ran for parts.  Then took a break for the BBQ.

Party over time to get back to repair the motor.  New head gaskets, heads back on and valve train re-installed, distributor in, engine reassembled and ready to fire, only it's 2:00 am.  Being good neighbors we'll wait till the morning.  Everything ran OK Sunday morning until the incident in the Kink. 

The Kink was an oil line to the oil cooler blew out which pumped all the oil out of the engine and all over the car and under the tires.   A #8 AN line blew apart and dumped 9 quarts of oil.  Luckily our driver, in the middle of the spin, thought to shut things down. We are all thinking we lost another motor but after opening the hood, we could see the line blown and oil everywhere.  Judge Phil came down for some massive exploded parts pics but we had to disappoint him.  We removed the oil cooler, put some oil in her and crossed our fingers hoping we saved the motor.  No noise and 60 lbs of oil pressure, sooooo we're good right?   Motor seemed OK.  No noise, good pressure.  Lets run it.

Again, sorry to cause a mess.  That's our first full course yellow caused by us in 15 races, so I guess we are doing OK.  We had a great time and want to thank everyone that helped us get back on track with thread sealant for head bolts and various other assists with parts and the moral support of so many that stopped by just to tell us they loved the car.. 

Thank you all.

Woo Hoo really glad it was just an oil line!!!!!!!!!! That was way cool watching him trying to hold onto it coming through the kink. I was saying to myself hold it hold it hold it ok don't roll it wink  That could have ended badly , that car is really cool again I'm so glad for you guys that it wasn't anything super bad...

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

R&R wrote:
steve wrote:

Thank you all.

Woo Hoo really glad it was just an oil line!!!!!!!!!! That was way cool watching him trying to hold onto it coming through the kink. I was saying to myself hold it hold it hold it ok don't roll it wink  That could have ended badly , that car is really cool again I'm so glad for you guys that it wasn't anything super bad...

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Our driver hit the oil slick and went two off and self reported. He looked so confused when he came in. All of a sudden he had no traction in a place where you REALLY want traction. I offered to get him fresh underwear but he declined.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

Our car was right behind the Ranchero when the oil line blew, we have video, will post soon.

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

FPRbuzz wrote:

Our driver hit the oil slick and went two off and self reported. He looked so confused when he came in. All of a sudden he had no traction in a place where you REALLY want traction. I offered to get him fresh underwear but he declined.

I would have Code Brown-ed. I can only imagine how terrifying that feeling would be.

I've never had a bad weekend at CMP and this year was no different. We just barely missed P1 in B. I'll admit I LOVED the stress of competing for a class win, something we have never really experienced before in our 6 years of Lemons. A flat tire and one untimely black flag sealed our fate behind the very well driven V6(!) Firebird, and only a few seconds ahead the Stingata. The T-bird didn't miss a beat all weekend. Can't wait to try again. How is the season over already!!!!!??

Great racing with all of you. Cya in the spring.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

121 (edited by doctordel 2016-10-02 08:39 PM)

Very very very late to this thread...thank you, unhealthy work schedule.

Hyatt, you're very welcome. Anytime, brother. Cool suit next time, I think.

As for the 580sx...it happened directly in front of me and I have video. I suppose I could post it but I don't think it will do much good and seems a little sensational to post it now. It seems that 411 may have gotten info that suggests the Bullets were wronged. They were not.

Bullets and Z3 were both involved. I get it, though. The drivers of both cars were leading the race and focused on their own situation; if it had worked it probably would have felt pretty cool to them. But...

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

122 (edited by VKZ24 2016-10-03 06:24 AM)

x

Captain

doctordel wrote:

As for the 580sx...it happened directly in front of me and I have video. I suppose I could post it but I don't think it will do much good and seems a little sensational to post it now. It seems that 411 may have gotten info that suggests the Bullets were wronged. They were not.

Bullets and Z3 were both involved. I get it, though. The drivers of both cars were leading the race and focused on their own situation; if it had worked it probably would have felt pretty cool to them. But...

You don't have to post the video, but if you can send it to me it privately it would be much appreciated.  As I said before, there are three sides to every story, and I'd like to see what the truth was, no matter who was at fault.   I promise not to publish the video publicly.  As I said, I just want to know what actually happened as drivers involved always seem to remember it differently.

My email address is vkeenez24 at gmail dot com

Captain

doctordel wrote:

I'd actually like to see the video to clear the air.
There was someone at the track pointing the blame for this crash on our SOB E30.  The SilverBullet Driver came over to our paddock on Sunday to see if we were the cause of this wreck...

Our team may be a bunch of SOB's, but we would definitely apologize if we tagged somebody, or cause a problem for another team.

William
Team SOB