Topic: A White Trash Weekend

White Trash Racing may not have had the best weekend at Gingerman but any race weekend is awesome thanks to all the friends we’ve made over the years. It’s always great to see everyone. And the Friday paddock pot luck? Just unreal. I knew there were a lot of great cooks but I was so stuffed and I couldn’t even try everything. Thanks Mike for putting it all together.

Our race weekend didn’t turn out exactly how we hoped. First my cousin’s car blew up on lap six. They spent all day tearing it apart thinking it was a head gasket but it was much more than that and race over. The Vision had a less than stellar weekend as well. The first clue that it was gonna be a bad weekend was when the car wouldn’t back off the trailer and had to be pushed off. They checked the transmission dipstick and there was no fluid on it. Topped it off, fired up the car and it was fine. We started the race Saturday and the car ran flawlessly. After the two hour mark we were leading class C by several laps. After a quick driver change our second driver went out and a couple laps later he radioed in that the car was dying. He tried to nurse it in but it died on the hot pit and sat there for a long time while the tow trucks were busy with other cars. Eventually we were dragged back in and spent the rest of the day trying to figure what went wrong. We finally decided to take the battery, alternator and starter to the parts store to have them checked and were told that the battery was bad so we put the starter and alternator back in and I got dressed in hopes of at least taking the checkered flag. When it fired up it was knocking but as I made my way to the track it seemed to stop. Once I was cleared to hit the track it took off and as I rounded turn two and tried to accelerate the car had the backfire from hell and died. The next morning my teammates tore the top off the engine but didn’t find anything. Eventually we ended up selling the wheels and tires to another team and by noon Monday the Vision was resting comfortably in the scrapyard.

We also hosted the Race Rambler for the weekend. Someone needed to make sure that Rambles was at the 10th anniversary race so why not? We earned two black flags on Saturday with Corey spinning off track and Dave spinning in his own oil and getting the Al Gore penalty. Sunday was rather uneventful except for running out of gas with 5 minutes remaining. Even with those few minor issues we still managed to finish 46th out of 107 teams and 3rd in class. Another great outing for the Race Rambler. Now on to Houston!

White Trash is going to take a break while we build our next car. Not sure what it will be but we’ll be back next October.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: A White Trash Weekend

Make the new one faaaaast!!!!  wink

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I had a great time. It was a pleasure meeting all you guys, Rambling the Rambler, and enjoying copious food and beer even though I had a head full of sinus garbage all weekend. Gingerman is also a fun track once you get the hang of it; it's like MSR, but with more elevation and fewer landmarks!

Wish I was there:(

Glad that the rambler had a good outing.  I was hoping the vision would run well enough for an IOE, but there was a pretty craptastic old Plymouth there.

If you get the racing itch and don't mind traveling south, or East, let me know.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Wish I was there:(

Glad that the rambler had a good outing.  I was hoping the vision would run well enough for an IOE, but there was a pretty craptastic old Plymouth there.

If you get the racing itch and don't mind traveling south, or East, let me know.

I will have you know the Plymouth ran Team Bad Decisions most reliable race ever...and it was Majestic in its crappiness.