1 (edited by RogueLeader 2016-10-24 09:35 AM)

Topic: Loudon - Awesome - What did you think?

I was on track for nearly 8 hours this weekend so I likely ran into one or all of you out there at some point.  Excellent weekend despite the hella wet cold weather.  What did you all think of the weekend?  Generally clean driving and only a little stupidity IMO.

PS did the guy doing burnouts on the cooldown lap get his?

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Re: Loudon - Awesome - What did you think?

Crazy weekend for us.  Melted down the cylinder head on Friday.  Our guys went on a 9 hour round trip for a spare motor, getting back to the track at 3:00 am while I was pulling the cylinder head in the torrential rain.  We replaced the cylinder head on Saturday and while we were at it we found a broken motor mount and fixed that.  We got out on the track for a couple laps at about 1:30.  Discovered a broken transmission mount and lost another hour fixing that.  We got a two hours on the track on Saturday and ran all day Sunday. 

The Gin & Tonic cart made the rounds Saturday night.

Or so we thought.  ...............

It was apparently all our imagination.  I looked at the results today and found that we never raced.  We must have busted the transponder during the cylinder head/motor mount repairs because we don't show up on the results at all.  Since we didn't get out at the green flag on Saturday, we missed the transponder check. 

So that blue Audi that was out there was nothing more than a ghost. And the hangover you had on Sunday morning was not from the Gin and Tonic because it never happened.

We were across from you guys in the black beetle.  Congrats on IOE!!!  You guys were super consistent and out of the garage all weekend.  We had a couple issues with a motor mount and an intercooler coupling failure, but otherwise we ran pretty solidly. 

Anyone running Saturday afternoon in the torrential rain gets extra kudos.  It was pretty hairy out there for a good chunk of time.

I was on the ERM Racing team with the 1952 Chrysler New Yorker.  Except for the team captain we were all rookies, so whatever hate we got for our driving, we probably deserved.  But we also got a lot of love for bringing the car out and racing/puttering about the track.  What can we say?  Miss Daisy was yelling at us from the back seat to slow down!

Our first day did not go so well.  We were bringing the car in every 3 laps to check on things, and after the 9th (or so) lap, our radiator exploded while we were pulling up to the garage.  That took us out of the race until 15 minutes before the checkered flag, but we managed to get it out there to finish the day.

Sunday was much better, and we probably put in something close to 80 laps.  Though we did spend most of Sunday dealing with brakes that either worked too well, or not nearly well enough.  No other major mishaps, but a team mate and I did spin out - once at Turn 1, and once somewhere on the road course.  Any video of that would be much appreciated!

Thank you to everyone that help us this weekend.  We will be back!

I'm posting for the team although I wasn't there.
#90 DNF Racing EPO Delivery Vehicle Miata....  blah blah blah miata.. blah...
We had our usual crew with one A & D who was in his 2nd Lemons race.  Previously he was with #888 last year.

Friday:
We got the car ready and started turning some laps....  and our A &D Driver signed up independently for the open test. and brought out his track prepped street car.  So if you saw that car out there, well they never SAID that it needed to be a Lemons car.   Sooo... he got called in and that was the end of that.

Saturday:
Team captain goes to start the car and a belt tensioner had loosened, and the timing belt skipped enough teeth that when it grabbed again it made nice smooth bends of the valves. (Valves are trashed) So we had to switch to our backup head, that it had just so happened that one of the team members were preparing for the night before, by lapping the valves...  Who would have thought that we would need the head 6 hours later.  We got out on the track 1:46 minutes past the green flag.

We ran some laps and got hit once in the back by the Massholes (no harm done)  and another time a car hit our side and when we went in to the penalty the corner workers had failed to see the car that hit us, and that car never came in.

Sunday:
Car was running good but we started to notice that the car started to sputter in corners that grew worse, and eventually it was sputtering along the straights as well.
Then towards the end of the day our car was coming in to pit, and we were t-boned by the Jakesbrakes Merc (No blame associated since I think our driver had gotten a wheel off and was correcting) and going into the pit.
This caused our steering wheel to break, the drivers door to crumple, and put the left rear a good bit of toe in.
The judges have now ruled that we need to have the door have structural support (which is a joke in a miata) and run full size doors before our next race.
So we packed up with about 30 minutes to go.

Our next race will likely be in Alabama, so we should see some new faces there.
If anyone has video of our car.... please let me know.  Thanks.

Sparky

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

We had another great weekend with the big pink Buick.  We were up to 20th overall and 6th in B when with an hour to go on Sunday the complete right rear hub broke!  Other than that I think it was a great weekend.  It was amazingly clean racing on Saturday in the rain for the most part and was on Sunday when I was out there too.  I had one incident with a car on Sunday morning(Red Bull BMW) that was flat out driving like a bonehead. Was told later that I wasn't the only one that thought that.  I know as a team we have come a long way and that our car really surprises people on how well it goes!!

racerben77 wrote:

We had another great weekend with the big pink Buick.  We were up to 20th overall and 6th in B when with an hour to go on Sunday the complete right rear hub broke!  Other than that I think it was a great weekend.  It was amazingly clean racing on Saturday in the rain for the most part and was on Sunday when I was out there too.  I had one incident with a car on Sunday morning(Red Bull BMW) that was flat out driving like a bonehead. Was told later that I wasn't the only one that thought that.  I know as a team we have come a long way and that our car really surprises people on how well it goes!!

Was it #27 because a teammate saw them fueling in the paddock during the race.

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

I had a great weekend. I thought the racing was clean and fun sunday afternoon when I was out.

hopefully there are no complaints about our saab wagon. I had two siblings with me as novice drivers. We made it out with only one minor contact sautrday, however my sister couldn't remember the car, so we couldn't find them. If it was you let me know, I want to make sure your car is ok. It sounds like she may have cut your nose off on a corner.

only real issue I saw on track was the number zero BMW absolutely pouring gasoline  at the start of my sunday stint. I called in to have my team report it and I believe they were called in. There was a scary amount of fuel coming out of the car.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I also noticed a few cars spewing gas during the race. The number 13 (forget which car it was), and Super Grover (#24 I believe). I had our team report those as well. I hate to interrupt someones racing, but when it comes to fuel leaks it's worth it.

I was amazed at how clean the driving was overall (with a few exceptions, like every race). The rain on Saturday made the on-track conditions a nightmare, but it seems as if most handled themselves well.

Normally I'm very impressed by the flaggers at NHMS, but I thought they were sub-par this weekend. One incident in particular comes to mind where there was a flag out coming down the hill and a resulting traffic jam, but the treestand flagger decided to just wave his arms wildly about rather than throwing a flag. Never seen that move before.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

I had a great time, even though I was only spectating, walking around with soaked shoes and socks most of the day Saturday in the cold, and not really knowing anyone/being too shy to talk to any teams but the guys with the pink Buick, the #888 Blue Tang Clan (the people I bought my future race Volvo from), Three Pedal Mafia, and Futility a little bit. Looking forward to coming out again, but with a yellow wristband this time.

I noticed the flagging issue as well.  I was passing the flag tower at the top after the bowl and the guy is waving his arms.  I"m like WTF?  Looked around made sure I wasn't on fire, then assumed it must have been for someone else who was on fire.

As for driving I am continually impressed every race at how much better everyone gets.  I did see the black Camaro going into the uphill basically stopping and sliding the rear sideways right in front of me which was an ass puckering moment. 

The #900 Saab managed to get around me cut in front and then lock the brakes going into the next turn.  Then I got around them, and they proceeded to do it again.  The 3rd time I finally got around them and then tossed the block on them to slow their momentum down enough that I could get away for good.  I don't know if it was a brake problem or a brain problem but either way, entirely dangerous.

Finally the #88 Golf, I know a new team, but they managed to side swipe me on Saturday in the Opel, and then on Sunday they tried to pit me in the Civic adding to the dents in the rear right corner.  I am still In shock I managed to get hit twice by the same car.  New team that based on my experience I am surprised didn't end up in the wall, a lot to learn.

Overall though, can't complain much.  The only other thing I can say to the fast guys is if you see a car that is slow (ie the Opel) on it through the turn full lock drifting to the outside, passing on the outside may not be the best idea.  By the end of day 2 we were still in a (admittedly futile) race to catch the class C leader and I was squeezing all I could out of the car, only to have to panic brake, lose a ton of needed momentum, and swerve inward because some maniac decided the 3 inches of track between me and the edge (or wall) was an appropriate place to make the pass.

12 (edited by chaase 2016-10-25 06:44 AM)

piper.gras wrote:

I also noticed a few cars spewing gas during the race. The number 13 (forget which car it was), and Super Grover (#24 I believe). I had our team report those as well. I hate to interrupt someones racing, but when it comes to fuel leaks it's worth it.

I was amazed at how clean the driving was overall (with a few exceptions, like every race). The rain on Saturday made the on-track conditions a nightmare, but it seems as if most handled themselves well.

Normally I'm very impressed by the flaggers at NHMS, but I thought they were sub-par this weekend. One incident in particular comes to mind where there was a flag out coming down the hill and a resulting traffic jam, but the treestand flagger decided to just wave his arms wildly about rather than throwing a flag. Never seen that move before.

Where was it leaking on GRover. The fuel fill on the left or some place else? We had a vent issue that we though we resolved Friday before tech. That would've leaked out the trunk.  If you remember please let us know so we can investigate it.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

RogueLeader wrote:

.......The only other thing I can say to the fast guys is if you see a car that is slow (ie the Opel) on it through the turn full lock drifting to the outside, passing on the outside may not be the best idea.  By the end of day 2 we were still in a (admittedly futile) race to catch the class C leader and I was squeezing all I could out of the car, only to have to panic brake, lose a ton of needed momentum, and swerve inward because some maniac decided the 3 inches of track between me and the edge (or wall) was an appropriate place to make the pass.

Copy that RougeLeader....

Agreed. Back in Thompson with the Pinto we did our best to stay out of the way of faster cars (everyone else), but I can say that there were a few drivers out there that pushed the limits of our skills to avoid them (or us wanting to avoid them).

Congrats on the IOE!!!!!

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

14 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-10-25 06:21 AM)

RogueLeader wrote:

Finally the #88 Golf, I know a new team, but they managed to side swipe me on Saturday in the Opel, and then on Sunday they tried to pit me in the Civic adding to the dents in the rear right corner.  I am still In shock I managed to get hit twice by the same car.  New team that based on my experience I am surprised didn't end up in the wall, a lot to learn.

If it is any consolation, two years apart at the same track we were hit by the same f-body.  First he spun in front of the Saturn in the rain (as every f-body likes to do).   Two years later the dustbuster was boxed in by him and three other vehicles when this gentleman decided to use the awesome power of his 3800 to tuck in front of us but behind a slower car clipping the left front of the van in the process.  Had our driver not already been on the brakes in anticipation of such a boneheaded move he would have been pit maneuvered by his own stupidity.

Honestly the only true boneheaded driving I saw was the redbull BMW, but that's just my opinion.  Maybe I was the bonehead then...? There were obviously lots of spins in the rain on Saturday, but the conditions were pretty bad, and I can't really fault anyone for that.  Flagging was definitely... interesting.  With it being my first Lemons race, I'm not sure if that was normal or not but I thought it was interesting that I was seeing competitors' arms flailing well before I'd see any yellows or whites from the flaggers.  I know personally I needed a new change of firesuit after coming down the hill from 8 with a good head of steam only to see a parking lot in 9 and the flagger on the corner throwing his arm out of socket waving the yellow.   Why the flagger in the treehouse didn't drop the yellow, I have no idea... It could have been nasty.

Regardless, I have zero complaints.  My expectations were exceeded, and I had high standards going in.  I'll absolutely be back next year.

@-SDR-

Thanks Bill!  Yuri worked really hard on that Opel.  Its just frustrating to drive a car like that sometimes, on a clear lap I could get a 1:40 out of the car, no not a mid 1:20 like the fast guys, but hardly putzing around the track.  However keeping the momentum up to do that is a chore to say the least.  Its not so bad when I can just take and hold a line but then when some numb nuts (like the Redbull BMW mentioned) decides the fractional space that is left is a good spot it messes everyone up. 

I have a lot of years of racing under my belt so I'm able to see the stupidity and avoid it, unfortunately to the detriment of my race.  But people wonder why some slower cars crash here, and its generally because of shit like that, that the faster car usually doesn't even end up involved in, despite causing the panic maneuver that causes the spin/wreck.

17 (edited by chaase 2016-10-25 06:44 AM)

golfduke wrote:

We were across from you guys in the black beetle.  Congrats on IOE!!!  You guys were super consistent and out of the garage all weekend.  We had a couple issues with a motor mount and an intercooler coupling failure, but otherwise we ran pretty solidly. 

Anyone running Saturday afternoon in the torrential rain gets extra kudos.  It was pretty hairy out there for a good chunk of time.

Our driver Chip was out there Saturday for 1h 45min in that mess and he said it was crazy. Grover is TERRIBLE in the rain but he managed to keep the shiny side up. I had it easy, I was first person out Saturday morning. It was a little crazy in the beginning, your beetle lost it in turn one and I had to perform some evasive maneuvers to not hit him. You weren't the only one that morning though to lose it. Just need to be a little more careful next time.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
piper.gras wrote:

Where was it leaking on GRover. The fuel fill on the left or some place else? We had a vent issue that we though we resolved Friday before tech. That would've leaked out the trunk.  If you remember please let us know so we can investigate it.

I was out for the first 2.5 hours on Sunday morning. Towards the beginning of my stint I saw fuel leaking out the filler on the left side. Definitely did not notice leaking out of the trunk, so it probably wasn't the vent problem that you had already fixed.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

piper.gras wrote:

I was out for the first 2.5 hours on Sunday morning. Towards the beginning of my stint I saw fuel leaking out the filler on the left side. Definitely did not notice leaking out of the trunk, so it probably wasn't the vent problem that you had already fixed.

Thanks for the info. Adding it to the ever growing list of things to do this off-season

20 (edited by adamspn 2016-10-25 10:06 AM)

I would like to thank everyone for avoiding creaming us in the Flint Focus wagon (#82) Friday and Saturday. Very green team so that contributed to our slow pace, but the rear of it was basically a drift machine most of the weekend till we got it sorted Saturday night which made trying to travel at speed an exercise in o-ring puckering. Even when the track was dry, anytime we hit any of the pavement transitions the rear was like a greased pig, especially the turn just before the main straight. After changing rear shocks, disconnecting our rear sway, jiggling anything we could find, we found the toe apparently suffered considerably when we added our Chinese adjustable upper control arms before we left, it was almost 3/4 of an inch either side! Got it squared away with some washers under the hubs and it was basically a different car! Hammered in a decent number of laps Sunday and was able to stay out of everyone's way MUCH easier. I can only speak for myself, but Sunday afternoon once we got things dialed in was possibly the most automotive fun I've ever had and you will definitely be seeing our wagon again, hopefully less pokey. 

I would also like to thank the Super Grover Gents and others for the tips early on and if the offer of that Duratec is still on the table I'm game!

Liked the track this time around. For sure little Opel needs to go a bit faster. No issues with the car this time around.
Being passed on both sides at same time does make it interesting. Sad part, not many cars decide to push my Opel up the hill. So I kept going very slow there. and getting passed by 3 cars also make it very interesting. 1 on the right, 2 on the left at same time. for sure its not worth a wreck for 0.01sec off the lap time.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

22 (edited by Somebody 2016-10-25 03:54 PM)

First and foremost, I need to throw an apology out to the 2 Mr2s that on Sunday I was racing against. I was the driver of the green/red topped Miata number 101 that probably made their drivers crap their pants on the nascar back straight turn onto the uphill. I had overheated tires at this point, I came in hot onto that turn and just put slightly too much pressure on the accelerator losing rear end grip just after turn in. All day I was applying the same amount of throttle at or earlier then that point. The rear end lost traction with pretty old tires (1 full race at Thompson, practice at NH and all of Saturday including up to that point on sunday). Luckily or unluckily depending on your view I put the rear left side of the car into the tire wall. It could have been way worse and I could have spun the car and did major damage. Sorry guys for losing it and scaring your driver.

I also have to give a Huge shout out to Three Pedal Mafia's Toyota Cressida or whatever car. Your driver an I went at it for a long time swapping places a couple of times, but the pressure was kept on. Good clean racing, phenomenal race craft showed on his part. It was the best laps all day long being turned for me. I know I talked with you guys and truly wish I met the driver to have a laugh and shake hands with. Next race we will meet and I'll have some beers ready for a Saturday Night session for us.

Moving on, on Sunday was what I call a "Hell Drive" it was a put my head down and run it like I stole it. I tried to be as clean as possible and work on better race craft. I do not believe or think my actions on track did anything to interfere/hurt/ruin anyone else's race, but I would like anyone to pipe up if I did. I was running from roughly 10:45 AM to 12:30pm on Sunday.  If you saw the Miata and it did something wrong please let me know so I can apologize and help me improve.

Next our team, Andrey, Dan and Mike. Dan and Mike this is the first time I ran with you guys and man it was a perfect combo for us. Andrey this was our second race together and man it was great. I just want to throw this out there about our conversation while hauling the car up to the event. I did mention to you that I felt a top 25 finish is upon us. I know you disagreed with me, but with 30 minutes left on Sunday we were biting our nails. Not just for a top 25 finish, for the 20th spot actually. We were sitting pretty in 21st and the 3 car came in getting put in impound. We did the numbers and saw 3 more minutes and 20 would be a lock for us. The 3 did get back out onto track and did not lose many spots to us. Happy they got back out, but was biting nails even more. Not less then 5 minutes, Dan hauled our car into the sin bin. We had lost all hope of hitting 20th spot. So much it felt like the biggest defeat ever. Mike an I went go watch from the front straight at this point and saw the checker drop. We didn't even look at the scoring board, just went to track exit to clap and congratulate each and every racer that was there. Finally on the way back to the car at garage 3 we saw the board and magically we were 20th. Holy Bejesus.... as much joy we felt it was a huge victory for us. I do however have to say I am extremely sad for the #325 car. I don't know the issues you had, but it gave us our oppurtunity to get 20th. Not the way I would want to take a place at all.

Now, I must say with 100 rookie drivers this was a well raced weekend considering the fact there were so many. The only issues I had which can confirm other people's gripes was the same Red Bull E46. Coming back onto the Nascar track at the proper Nascar turn 3 not the road course we ran turn 3, we went side by side onto the road. The driver of the car either had no situational awareness or just did not want to give the outside line I had on him up. Which I understand, but there is a time to concede and a time to close the door. You were not in the right to try and close the door with the little Miata front fenders by your side view mirror and trying to track out as far as possible at that point. You did have a ton of room to your right and in racing you don't close the door on someone with a full car next to you. I would have understood if I barely was at your rear door, but being able if possible from the passenger seat to hit your driver's helmet with my hand out the window was bad race craft. You forced me to put all 4 off and I immediately had to go to the Sin Bin for this. I don't believe you were racing for place against me, I don't believe your driver fully knew the situation either, which I am fine with. However there are 120 cars on track and you need to be fully aware of what is around you at all times. I am happy there was not a big incident there and I had acted the way I did because if I didn't there would have been huge contact with that car being spun in a bad place.

Finally, a little shout out to 'The Hoff' Baywitch car. Mark an I both got called in for a penalty involving a yellow flag on the Front of the Nascar track. The flagging station at what we called turn 3 (same turn I binned the Miata at) the right hander leading to the uphill. We had yellows before that back straight on the nascar track, passed the incident and as per the rules stated to us you can pass after the incident. The corner worker there not waving a flag. I think we both kinda edged each other then you went by so I followed. Once on the uphill we ran into another flag station that didn't have a flag waving. Might have been just arms waving.... again.... anyways we met Saturday night and boy I don't think either of us realized we share many things in common, but it was an awesome to meet you.

The flagging stations this time around since Thompson were garbage. Was wishing it was going to be as good if not better but it was not. It is out of my control so I am ok with it. I understand the complaints about it, but all honestly as a whole we can only complain about poor flagging when it comes to our safety which was an issue here.

It was a great weekend, amazing racing, we had gentlemen drivers an phenomenal race craft that I saw. I call it a win :-)

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

I also have to give a Huge shout out to Three Pedal Mafia's Toyota Cressida or whatever car. Your driver an I went at it for a long time swapping places a couple of times, but the pressure was kept on. Good clean racing, phenomenal race craft showed on his part. It was the best laps all day long being turned for me. I know I talked with you guys and truly wish I met the driver to have a laugh and shake hands with. Next race we will meet and I'll have some beers ready for a Saturday Night session for us.

I'm pretty sure that was me.....I was in the Cressida from green flag till about 11:40 on Sunday.  And was dualing with that Miata for the better part of the last half of my stint.  Was that you?

24 (edited by Somebody 2016-10-25 06:20 PM)

Goofracer72 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was me.....I was in the Cressida from green flag till about 11:40 on Sunday.  And was dualing with that Miata for the better part of the last half of my stint.  Was that you?

That would probably be correct. Later in the race after I stepped out of the car I didn't realize that battle could have been for position. You had great power and speed on the straights, nothing a stock 1.6 liter Miata could keep up with. I remember it was just a move in traffic finally that sealed the deal though. I would have loved to keep going with you the whole day.

Your race craft was awesome, your defending was great. You gave a little then took it away. It lasted for quite some time. Again, truly that battle made the whole weekend for me. Hope we can meet up at the next race and share a beer along with stories. I know now I fully trust you on the track and it will be amazing if we meet up again on those terms :-)

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

25 (edited by Goofracer72 2016-10-25 08:29 PM)

Somebody wrote:
Goofracer72 wrote:

That would probably be correct. Later in the race after I stepped out of the car I didn't realize that battle could have been for position. You had great power and speed on the straights, nothing a stock 1.6 liter Miata could keep up with. I remember it was just a move in traffic finally that sealed the deal though. I would have loved to keep going with you the whole day.

Your race craft was awesome, your defending was great. You gave a little then took it away. It lasted for quite some time. Again, truly that battle made the whole weekend for me. Hope we can meet up at the next race and share a beer along with stories. I know now I fully trust you on the track and it will be amazing if we meet up again on those terms :-)

Thank you.....That was a blast.  You drove the wheels off of that car.  Just when I thought I'd gotten away from ya on the front stretch, I'd look in my mirror before hitting turn 3 and there was that little green miata.  Seemed like you were rarely more than a couple car lengths away.  And ya certainly didn't let me forget that you were there.  I was working to keep moving forward to try and make it back into the top 20 after we had windshield fogging issues on Saturday.  You definitely kept me on my toes and didn't let me slack off.  That was probably the best I've run all weekend.  In fact I think I turned my fastest lap of the weekend during that run.  Which also put me within a second of our faster driver's  best time.  I'm usually 2-3 seconds slower than him.  Afterwards Ray told me ya came looking for me.  I was winding down in the camper and scarfing the breakfast I didn't get before getting in the car.  I meant to come say hi, but didn't get the chance.  I should be at all 3 east coast races next year.  Definitely come find me...we'll throw a few beers back.  Ya can't miss me....I'm the largest guy in the 3pm pits.  Lmao. And I too hope we get to mix it up like that again.