Topic: iRacing - should I resubscribe?

I more-or-less-accidentally let my iRacing subscription lapse last year.  I hadn't meant too, but I was hardly playing it.  I'd originally subscribed for $50/yr, and that was the renewal rate offered at the time it lapsed.  Over the last year I've gotten numerous offers to resubscribe, but nowhere near that $50/yr value.

I was wondering if anyone else who's let their sub lapsed and then resubscribed gets that $50/yr renewal offer.  I recently got an offer to come back for $19 for 3 months, and if after that they offer a year for $50 I'd stick with it.

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

Re: iRacing - should I resubscribe?

Love it but its too much commitment.  Sometimes I will pay for a month to run Loudon or NJMP before we go there a few times to re familiarize myself with the track.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I'm in the exact same boat...did the $99 for 2 years deal twice in a row, it lapsed again this summer.

FWIW, I'm waiting to see their Black Friday deal before I make a decision...

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

the shaolin wrote:

FWIW, I'm waiting to see their Black Friday deal before I make a decision...

I'm thinking of doing that too.

Do they update their tracks?  Any chance of Thompson, Palmer, or Canaan being added?

RedBoss wrote:

Do they update their tracks?  Any chance of Thompson, Palmer, or Canaan being added?

Actually Thompson is on there as well.  I think I practiced that once too.

They add tracks all the time, I would imagine Palmer will be on their list to add.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Well, I got the Black Friday email and it's only 25% off, plus they raised their annual price to $110, so it'd be $82.50.  Boo.

It's not cheap, but I think it's totally worth it.  There a lots of privately run leagues/series that have great racing.  I run two oval leagues that pull 25-30 cars every week, with hard racing throughout the field.  Good, clean races....not kids wrecking everyone for fun.

They do update tracks, but its been a little slow going since they are working on dirt right now.  Thompson is there, but I'm not sure the road course is there.  I think its just the oval.