Topic: Themes - political correctness?

Hi,

I am thinking about spicing up our theme a little and go crazy on stereotypes, do people get offended if it's a little outside the regular political correctness box?

Team RicerZX
1980 Datsun 280ZX NA

Re: Themes - political correctness?

Pffffttt!!!

If they can't take a joke,
there are plenty of other series
to race with a stick up your @$$.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Still waiting for Hitler in blackface. Blackface Hitler theme? Anyone? Anyone?

4 (edited by gunn 2016-11-07 10:44 PM)

Wendell34 wrote:

Still waiting for Hitler in blackface. Blackface Hitler theme? Anyone? Anyone?

My thoughts:

Mercury Cougar with a Hitler Cat theme -- kinda funny

Something like Hitler's Pest Fumigation Service -- not really that funny.

Another thought would be "would I want a future GF/wife/future employer/customer  to find that I had this theme on a race car when they google me in the future" would probably be a good test to use.
-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

gunn wrote:

Another thought would be "would I want a future GF/wife/future employer/customer  to find that I had this theme on a race car when they google me in the future" would probably be a good test to use.
-g

My response
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/dreams.png

http://xkcd.com/137/

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

There tend to be a kids running around at the race I show up at, So I would try and make it at most pg13 (no one want to have to explain the birds and the bees at the track), but other than that most people tend to not take anything that seriously at the races.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

There tend to be a kids running around at the race I show up at, So I would try and make it at most pg13 (no one want to have to explain the birds and the bees at the track), but other than that most people tend to not take anything that seriously at the races.

Ha!  I was walking one of my teammates 13yr old daughter around the paddock who wanted to see the "My Little Pony" car.   As we are walking I look over at Montoya's pit and had to improvise a distraction to get her attention elsewhere.  Also on that walk I was fortunate in that she didnt recognize the flesh colored 16" sex toy on the front of another car.  So yeah, one and done on showing the kids the funny cars/people.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

8 (edited by fleming95 2016-11-08 10:00 AM)

Just how un-PC are you going?  +1 to satire!

Take, for example (since it's Election Day today) a Suffer-agette theme with the team all dressed up as suffragettes, harnessed to the car, pulling it along, while being whipped forward by their mistress - Hillary Clinton!

(and even more salacious if you hang an attractive picture of Mr. Clinton in front to lure the willing women forward.)

Thanks, I'll see myself out .. .

swedishmeatballracing wrote:

Hi,

I am thinking about spicing up our theme a little and go crazy on stereotypes, do people get offended if it's a little outside the regular political correctness box?

Depends, do you have the target of the stereotype on your team? That's usually Carte Blanche.

Unless it's the Swedish Chef, Everyone loves the Swedish Chef.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

TheEngineer wrote:
gunn wrote:

-g

My response
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/dreams.png

http://xkcd.com/137/

Love that post.

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

swedishmeatballracing wrote:

Hi,

The line is somewhere between "Generar Ree" and blackface.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

If you are offended by anything you're taking it all too seriously. Have at it, I say.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:

If you are offended by anything you're taking it all too seriously. Have at it, I say.

+1. 

It seems everyone is offended by someone or something these days.  Get over it.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Watch it,years ago there was a team @ PBIR that got a hefty penalty for something a bit too racy

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Infinniti wrote:

Watch it,years ago there was a team @ PBIR that got a hefty penalty for something a bit too racy

Yep, I was there and remember that.  I didn't see what the big deal was, but I'm not one to get butt-hurt over every thing someone says or does that I don't like.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

The "Miter Fister" still makes me laugh when I see a pic or think about it, but I dont want to have to explain that one to my kids....

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

17 (edited by st_rage 2016-11-09 02:19 PM)

Yep, I was there and remember that.  I didn't see what the big deal was, but I'm not one to get butt-hurt over every thing someone says or does that I don't like.

Jay didn't like it, and he's the decider.  From what I've seen if you keep "cooniroyal" off your tires, "niggerrigged" off of your bumper, and swastikas off your doors, you're probably good.  Those are the specific instances where I've seen Jay step in on something he didn't like.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Seems like the door is open for about anything!

We decided to pick something else for other reaons.

Good to know for future stuff!

Team RicerZX
1980 Datsun 280ZX NA

Racist stuff gets shitcanned. Giant dildos and the like often get 86'd by the track officials, but not us (though the end result is the same). Politicians are fair game. Personally, I prefer surrealism.

That's why I keep saying. Kipper Kids theme, Or Forbidden Zone. Either way.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Judge Phil wrote:

Personally, I prefer surrealism.

We discovered the hard way that not all Judges share this preference and appreciation for the surreal.  Unfortunately I think you were recovering from back troubles at the November 2014 Houston race... On our 92 Paseo, we ran with a "NoNo Karoshi"  death-by-overwork awareness campaign theme, with lots of little reminders to the salaryman that there is no honor in working yourself to death... I was quite proud of it, I was certain that all the little details would please...  And I don't blame those judges that were there, because frankly the rest of my team had a hard time embracing such a high-concept theme.  LOL.

Unfortunately, our car wasn't on track enough to have been caught in the uber gallery, but I am searching for pics... After November we changed the livery theme and raced it in Chumpcar, where we promptly blew up the car.

I have not had time to rebuild the Paseo, due to things being really busy at work.  How Ironic.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Hey, I ran on a team with Hitler once...in the spring, even!

(The Producers = excellent theme material. Won Organizer's Choice, I think.)

Racism and genocide just aren't funny no matter how you present them. And, dildos or running the number 69 is so overplayed they haven't been funny since about the time Jaguar introduced disc brakes to racing back in 1953. But, boobies and farts are classic and always good for a giggle :-P

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

It may just be me, but I seem to have found the first hurdle in coming up with a really good theme is finding other people willing to pay to participate in said theme.

racerxr wrote:

Racism and genocide just aren't funny no matter how you present them. And, dildos or running the number 69 is so overplayed they haven't been funny since about the time Jaguar introduced disc brakes to racing back in 1953. But, boobies and farts are classic and always good for a giggle :-P

I always thought "The Racists" would be a great team name.

Get it?

The Race-est?

I'll show myself out.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?