1 (edited by SpaceFrank 2016-11-10 01:37 PM)

Topic: MSR Potluck Party

Houston, we have a problem.

CMP throws down the gauntlet every year with badass BBQ, not to mention the Camden block party. This year at Gingerman, the Midwest teams stepped up to the plate and threw a fantastic potluck on Friday (followed by a great LeMons-sponsored BBQ on Saturday). I think it's well past time we show Lemons what Texas is capable of in the food department. This is the 10th anniversary year, after all. Also the MSR race has a shiny new name that is way more awesome than Gator-o-Rama, in my totally objective opinion. Plenty of reason to celebrate!

As such, we're going to have our own potluck Saturday night at this years' MSR race. We've been talking to a few other teams about this already, and we'd like to get as many people involved as possible. There are so many food options to choose from, so bring whatever strikes your fancy. BBQ? Tex-Mex? Cajun? Thai? Ethiopian kitfo? Look, the track is 45 minutes from downtown Houston; if you don't have time to cook something yourself, I'm sure you can find a place that makes it to go. Reply in this thread with what you plan to bring so other teams can plan accordingly. To start the list off, EVR is planning to fire up Bob's smoker and bring a butt-ton of sausage. Probably some other stuff as well.

The checkered flag flies at 5 PM, so let's plan to start setting up around 6. It's a little out of the way, but I think the penalty box would be the best location since it has lights and power (for heaters and crock pots and such). If you have an extra table or a space heater, please bring it! I'm sure we'll need both. Beer would also be a welcome addition. You can't have all that solid food with nothing to wash it down. Following OnkelUdo's lead on organizing the Gingerman potluck, I'm going to start a Google Doc spreadsheet soon to track what edible and logistical objects different people are bringing. I'll add it to this post.

EDIT: The spreadsheet!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

2 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-10-21 03:49 PM)

Re: MSR Potluck Party

...something about sincerest form of flattery?

To all you Texas folks, this really is a lot of fun.  If you already cook for 6-7, just quadruple it.  Don't want to cook, make a trashcan pasta salad (always a hit), bring Walmart/HEB potato salad, etc.  Can't be bothered with any of these, bring beer.  Also, we had a severe lack of deserts so a giant pile of brownies WILL disappear in minutes even without the benefits of Colorado/Washington State legal additions.

And if you have any hardcore homebrewers, I will send you my recipe for 3-corny trashcan kegorator.  We blew all 15 gallons by about 9 PM.

To those partaking, pace yourselves.  Our potluck was about 150' long and lot of people filled up in the first 20-30'.

Having been to the gingerman one, it would be a great thing if this becomes a thing at all races.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Count on the Tetanus clan to bring something along.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

The Resistance will bring the Mexican rice and beans, just like last year.

Just like last year, I'll bring the Tamales.  Last year they were in NSF's pits, this year I will likely set them up in Escape Velocity's camp, close to the chili.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

7 (edited by Mulry 2016-10-24 11:42 AM)

OnkelUdo wrote:

Also, we had a severe lack of deserts so a giant pile of brownies WILL disappear in minutes

We'll bring cookies &/or brownies. My oldest daughter has been on quite the baking kick lately so this will be right down her alley. Also, cookie monster special, so that sort of ties in with our theme again.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Alright, I finally remembered to make a list. I'm sharing the link both here and on the Lemons Racer Lounge FB page. Anyone with the link can edit, so feel free to add a line for you and your team if you're bringing anything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Remember, Saturday 6 PM at the Penalty Box. Would be wise to bring an extra table if you have one.

9 (edited by PoMan 2016-11-07 07:04 PM)

Team 111 is likely going to bring a brisket. I'll confirm and update the document.
-Confirmed. Added to list.

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

Bump.
I added a note to the spreadsheet but will say it here too- if anyone wants to bring corn chips for the tamales, that would be cool.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave

Speedy Monzales crew is in.

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

Looking good, folks! Remember, if you have an extra table, please bring it. We're bringing one full-size table to start, but I'm hoping this party'll have too much food for that.

I am going to try to borrow some from work.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave

Pretty good showing, thanks everybody for joining in! We need to do this again next year.

Great job organizing the potluck, Frank!  Turned out very well.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave