Topic: another stupid question

we bought a seat for our car. it is a procar by scat reclining seat. on re-reading the rules it specifies one piece, this seat has the shoulder belt holes and the anti sub hole, will it pass tech. "fingers crossed we didn't just pay the dumbass tax.

Re: another stupid question

Will not pass tech sorry.
Try and sell and recoup cost best you can or maybe take back and trade on a legal one piece seat.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

well crap, chalk that one up to we should have rear the rules more thoroughly. Thanks for the response.

any suggestions for a reasonably priced seat we have one driver who is a 40-42 waist

Corbeau FX1 wide.  I'm 42" and I'm comfortable in it.  My skinny AF teammates, not so much.  They add foam.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

If you can crochet your own seat cover, an 18" Kirkey 47 series is about $250.  Seat cover doubles that.  Corbeau FX1 wide is another at $400.  You can search craigslist for used name brand seats but you'll probably want something that's not less than 18" wide in the seat.  The aluminum ones with a single hole for the shoulder belts will need some welded support to strengthen them although the aluminum seats are easier to add extras to make them full containment.  Adequate big boy sized seats are harder to find used.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Worth every cent http://www.soloperformance.com/Ultrashi … _1293.html
Very comfortable with good lateral support.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Second the Ultrashield.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

9 (edited by EyeMWing 2016-12-06 06:21 PM)

If you're local enough to come get it I'll cut you a deal on a Sparco Evo or two. Like $450.

I have two taking up space in the garage. Allegedly 18 inches wide but I fit in 18 inch seats. I don't fit in these, but I've seen another rather large man do it.

They're FIA certified and everything. Put 'em in your Le Mans car.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Thanks for the replies fellas, Zacomatic and I are on the same team so it's nice to have some options.

We went with the Kirkey 20-degree 17.5" wide seat from Speedway (http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Kirkey-09 … 39148.html) for $170.

We needed to accommodate heights ranging from 5'10" to 6'3" so we also got a set of seat sliders. With the included cover none of us found it too uncomfortable, although our suspension setup could best be described as "compliant".

Giubo Grabbers #190 - 91 Mercedes 190E
2016 CMP Fall South "Heroic Fix" Winner