Topic: Arse Freeze 2016 #909 Car Crash

The Road Race Jones camera captured this in Turn 9 on Sunday morning.

https://youtu.be/u_92myUBdOY

Would have posted earlier, but internet is sketchy in the mountains of N. Ca.

Richard

Re: Arse Freeze 2016 #909 Car Crash

Thanks for posting that. That was my brother in the Miata sad Do you mind if I use the video in my own edit?

5 time winner, many time loser
#920 Risky Whiskey Racing
www.facebook.com/RiskyWhiskeyRacing

Yes, please do use it.

I hope your driver didn't suffer any injury. How is the car?

What was the Miata doing on the BMW's line? wink

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I watched that 8 times - where did the Bimmer come from? TARDIS?

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

maxrule wrote:

Yes, please do use it.

I hope your driver didn't suffer any injury. How is the car?

He was a little shaken, but no injuries - safety systems worked perfectly(shoutout to John Pagel for a solid cage!) We got very lucky with the damage. The bulk of the hit went right into the door, missing both wheels. The floor buckled quite badly underneath the passenger. Fender and door will be replaced, probably a lot of damage behind there. The cage did not move at all and the car still drives mostly straight. The rear wheel took a small hit when the E30 spun around. Throttle cable linkage was damaged a little and we broke a coolant hose behind the engine which actually took the longest time to fix.  The E30 might be write off though, the shock tower was pushed back a couple inches and the frame rails were very bent.

7 (edited by NachoFriend 2016-12-10 06:54 PM)

Glad your driver was ok. That's our #664 getting passed at the beginning of the video and that shows up at the end. I believe our guest driver was at the wheel of our car at that time. He was actually part of the 909 E30 team. They didn't have a seat for him, so we gave him a couple of stints in our car. He said he witnessed the carnage. Interesting to see what actually happened.

Wow, that is a big hit.  I'm glad to hear your brother is OK. 

Did the BMW have a mechanical issue to cause this? 

Pete

ppressle wrote:

Pete

No just aggressive driving it seems. From my brother's onboard video you can see him passing someone in the dirt on the straight. He makes it almost all the way back on the pavement before hitting brakes. I suspect 2 wheels were still on the grass which probably caused him to get squirrely under braking and sucking him back into grass. No stopping once you're on there. Will upload our video ASAP

The Organ Donor Bimmer is like the evil twin brother of the Cervesa Bimmer.  The Cervesa guys are fast, classy, never once passed me in a scary way, and always wave nicely when I point them by.  The Organ Donor car always causes my butthole to clench up and sweat to break out on my brow when I see them on a collision course with my trunk in my rearview mirror.  I never see the wave after making evasive maneuvers to avoid getting clobbered.  Since I have a slow B class car, I get both experiences every 5-10 laps.

Perhaps I exaggerated a little for poetical effect but underlying truth is clear.  I'm glad no injury was caused by this inevitable crash.

As long as I'm bitching and moaning, the cammo bimmer with the big wing hit us twice at the last race.  Both super minor, but both due to extremely ill advised passes.  I could see the red mist blowing out the passenger window.

Glad to hear your brother is okay.  Sorry that your car had to be damaged to get those guys off the track.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

stupenduzzman wrote:
ppressle wrote:

Pete

No just aggressive driving it seems. From my brother's onboard video you can see him passing someone in the dirt on the straight. He makes it almost all the way back on the pavement before hitting brakes. I suspect 2 wheels were still on the grass which probably caused him to get squirrely under braking and sucking him back into grass. No stopping once you're on there. Will upload our video ASAP

whoa. good to know he's fine

Our car was a bit further back. In this Vid  you can see where the 909 car goes off the . If you slow the speed to .25, You can also see a small red light indicating when our driver applied the brakes at the 6 second mark. The 909 car comes into the frame at @ the 10sec mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2MeqW … eature=you

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.