1 (edited by mike944 2016-11-30 05:56 PM)

Topic: anyone in the northeast have a 1.25" bender die?

I'm working on a custom transmission crossmember.   Rather than cut & weld, i was looking to do it out of a solid piece of tubing, bent to shape, figuring it will be stronger that way.

But, since 1.25 is not permitted for roll cages, i suspect maybe nobody has this die, but i wanted to ask.

Thanks,
Mike

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Re: anyone in the northeast have a 1.25" bender die?

For what bender?  I've got one for the JD Squared model 3 but I'm in Chicago.  If that'll help I could ship it to you.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

we also have a JD2, model 3 bender.     I'm definitely interested.   Send me a "forum email" and we can talk about it. 

I wasn't terribly worried about bender brand, i figured i'd be lucky if anyone had one for any brand bender!    I was hoping i could borrow the whole bender if it didn't fit mine.

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Check your email.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Just a thought, but it may be cheaper to pay someone to fab the bar for you and ship it, rather than ship the die twice.

Let me know if this interests you. I can purchase the stock locally, bend it to whatever spec you have, and then ship it to you for final trim and weldup.

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Change of plans.   Looks like we're not going to be doing this after all.

Thanks for the offer of help everyone!