Re: When's the next one?

Sanctimoniously wrote:

I'm doing this even if it means entering my own daily driver.

http://img05.deviantart.net/30d9/i/2016/282/e/f/13288149_10156943223120554_205530402_o_by_sanctimoniously-dakg715.jpg

She won't win too many points for hooptiness, but she will do.

I'm with you.  My 203k mile scion Tc is hooptie-esque at this point.  I'm probably just going to run that unless the craigslist gods smile upon me in early January.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Did someone say Rally?

https://youtu.be/uL-Rla7e5io

Heard about this today, planning to take part in my 400,000+ mile, '85 Mercedes 190D 2.2 with the 5 speed daily driver.  I'm gonna need every single one of those 50 horse power. Just hoping to finish as I need to make it to Barber.

Watch out for Tsog. He might try to steal your 190D.

Actually, he's looking for a car to drive/codrive in the Rally...

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Drdanteiii wrote:

I'm with you.  My 203k mile scion Tc is hooptie-esque at this point.  I'm probably just going to run that unless the craigslist gods smile upon me in early January.

I found an Olds Calais Quad 442 on the Facebook group…but wrong coast. I think i'm going to have to resist the Tacoma want until after the Retreat.

Guess I need to fix my Subie.  that should be way better than the Dodge Diesel.....   Also Sheets!

So...all registered except for the entry fee, co-driver chosen, mascot chosen (Napoleon Dynamite the creeper), and planning begins! 2017 will be the year of Further Domination!

I pick up the car for this tomorrow.

I bought it sight unseen, so that's good.

Is that Buffalo, NY? Because that's very much the wrong direction. Buffalo, KY sounds more plausible to me.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

Yes. Yes, it is.

EyeMWing wrote:

Is that Buffalo, NY? Because that's very much the wrong direction. Buffalo, KY sounds more plausible to me.

Hard to say, but inasmuch as the first rally featured a route from Fallon, NV, to Las Vegas by way of Ely, "very much the wrong direction" is not a relevant criterion.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

34 (edited by EyeMWing 2016-11-10 11:31 AM)

This car is SO much worse than I had foreseen. The Copart photographer has a bright future in Craigslist sales.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

mharrell wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

Is that Buffalo, NY? Because that's very much the wrong direction. Buffalo, KY sounds more plausible

Hard to say, but inasmuch as the first rally featured a route from Fallon, NV, to Las Vegas by way of Ely, "very much the wrong direction" is not a relevant criterion.

The Moscow to Buffalo segment reminds me a lot of the Fallon to Vegas segment, in the ideals that this is about taking inappropriate equipment to out of the way locations in very much the wrong direction. And for what? For funzies!

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters

therood wrote:

Watch out for Tsog. He might try to steal your 190D.

Actually, he's looking for a car to drive/codrive in the Rally...

TSOG YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR ELSE

EyeMWing wrote:

PFFFFT. Our team's straight outta East Aurora. (Fisher-Price, to be exact. Puffalumps FTW!)