Topic: Canton oil accumulator and electronic switch

I was looking at an oil accumulator (tinyurl.com/h4n6ecr) and would like the electronic switch for it (tinyurl.com/hqwd2sh).

That got me thinking, can I simply wire the switch to the ignition or cut off switch so when the car is on, the accumulator is on and vice versa?

Or will I break something doing this?

Trevor

Re: Canton oil accumulator and electronic switch

Yes you can wire it this way. I prefer a separate switch as I can then pre-lube the engine when I want to not when you turn on the kill switch.
It does mean that you have to remember to flip the switch for it each time you start and stop the engine so there's that, but I had mine wired the way you asked about and changed it to it's own switch later.
This in on a non-Lemons race car so I'm the only one who drives this car in races.

The only time you really should need one at all is if your car can corner at a very high rate of "G's" and that takes "sticky" tires and Lemons doesn't allow anything that sticky.  A properly modified oil pan usually is all that's needed.

I modified a number of Lemons cars oil pans and none of them ever lost an engine due to loss of oil pressure. Head gaskest, yes but no failure due to oil starvation and one of these cars was a top ten car and two time class B winner!

Separate switch here as well, along with a big LED bar above the dash to tell me when it opens (using their EPC valve). It's a little irrelevant now with a dry sump but I still like it for pre-lubing before starting.

jimbbski wrote:

The only time you really should need one at all is if your car can corner at a very high rate of "G's" and that takes "sticky" tires and Lemons doesn't allow anything that sticky.  A properly modified oil pan usually is all that's needed.

I am putting together a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier! Talk about G forces! wink

tshand wrote:
jimbbski wrote:

I am putting together a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier! Talk about G forces! wink

If you have the 2.2 Ecotec that started in 2002 I would not waste money on an accusump. The pick ups in the  oil pans on those badboys are very well built. Spend the money elsewhere!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Remember the the oil accumulator is considered as part of the budget.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page