Topic: Contemplating a new and even stupider project than the MARLIN.

One of my drivers is a rather tall fellow...and wants to build something bigger than the Marlin. Specifically, a 72 Wagoneer. Anybody got John Pagel's email so I can ask him for permission? Wagoneer weighs 4200# so on it's own it should all be ok...but plans are going to include a Cummins 24 valve (from a street sweeper) and a Different 2wd chassis to put the body on....What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Re: Contemplating a new and even stupider project than the MARLIN.

pagel@24hoursoflemons.com

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

4000lb car, 4000lb engine, makes sense.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I'm guessing if I have Emailed John Pagel, outlined the aforementioned nonsense and he hasn't gotten back to me...it means no?

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

SeldomSeen wrote:

I'm guessing if I have Emailed John Pagel, outlined the aforementioned nonsense and he hasn't gotten back to me...it means no?

Or it was the holiday season...

Be patient, this is their only real off time for the year.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

email or at least CC Jay, it's his race and arse on the line (and he'll say Yes more than John will).

As long as they were happy how you put the marlin together they will probably let you do this as long as you have a good plan on how to do it.  I would definitely email Nick and Jay both and let them think it over, they may pass you on to John afterwards but its really up to them if its a yes or no.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've always wanted to race a Wagoneer and am currently swapping a GM 6.2 diesel into my '78. But that Cummins is so heavy that either a front Dana 60 or beefy Dodge chassis is needed. And you'd be pretty high. A racing Wagoneer would do well with a v8, 2wd front end and lowered.

I'm not saying it can't be done or shouldn't be done, but you'd definitely be the first to build a 2wd Cummins Wagoneer. And therefore the first to race one. Handling characteristics would be interesting from the elevation you'll end up at, not to mention having so much weight up front. On the upside, you can use it to tow a second car.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."