Topic: Odd stuff attached to Lemons racers

I attended a recent Lemons race and saw cars there that had a lot of junk attached to them. Are there standards for attaching things to cars, ears, wings and things that can't be identified. Do drivers have to sign a waver concerning being hit by racing art car stuff?

Re: Odd stuff attached to Lemons racers

As a driver,I am more concerned by getting hit by random Alfa parts......
That being said,theme material is generally attached better than some hoods and fenders.....
A lot of the theme material is only attached(applied?) for the BS inspection and removed before the racin' starts....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Wasn't there a video somewhere, from in-car, demonstrating precisely why windshields are required? It showed some enormous hunk of metal bouncing off the car.

Toast wrote:

Wasn't there a video somewhere, from in-car, demonstrating precisely why windshields are required? It showed some enormous hunk of metal bouncing off the car.

That was a piston with (most of) the rod attached.  It was not theme.

Toast wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPfjXgh3ng

Thanks to those who responded. I guess you can't have too strong a windshield, metal chunk shield or what ever it will be shielding you from.

They normally do a pretty good job identifying what will be a hazard while racing and try and make sure anything added onto the car will remain with the car while racing, although I would still suggest some consideration when adding parts to the car, I got some pretty good dents from someone plywood wings that they had extending a foot or so from the side of the teams car when they were a bit ambitious on breaking into a corner and slid into my car.  Although I guess the wing may have saved my car from having the rest of them slide into it..

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

They normally do a pretty good job identifying what will be a hazard while racing and try and make sure anything added onto the car will remain with the car while racing, although I would still suggest some consideration when adding parts to the car, I got some pretty good dents from someone plywood wings that they had extending a foot or so from the side of the teams car when they were a bit ambitious on breaking into a corner and slid into my car.  Although I guess the wing may have saved my car from having the rest of them slide into it..

I remember that, I saw it happen and the thought that went through mind was, I sure hope they didn't use screws or nails in those wings.

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:
BoB wrote:

I remember that, I saw it happen and the thought that went through mind was, I sure hope they didn't use screws or nails in those wings.

Worst part is they broke the door handle so the door kept opening until we could pop the handle off.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I remember a giant turd came off of the roof of a car and just sat in the middle of the track.  Fortunately no one hit the shit.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

11 (edited by Mickel1992 2017-08-25 03:49 AM)

I am also confused about it thepiratebays.org

Mickel1992 wrote:

I am also confused about it

A giant turd in the road?  Yes, I agree but you just steer around it.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

If I were the race organizer I'd be tempted to leave the giant turd in the track. Hell, they should just put one at start-finish for the whole race. It would make us think deeply about our poor life choices.

Sometimes parts not attached to cars hit your car.

And take you out of a race.

http://i.imgur.com/0N2Em3C.gif

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

This little guy came loose from the roof of the car shot skyward and then came gliding down onto the front straightaway of CMP. It was like Ta-Da  https://www.facebook.com/24hoursoflemon … mp;theater

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

SpaceFrank wrote:

If I were the race organizer I'd be tempted to leave the giant turd in the track. Hell, they should just put one at start-finish for the whole race. It would make us think deeply about our poor life choices.

The giant turd WAS left on the track.  Last corner entering the front straight at NJMP 2014 IIRC.  The poop popped off the roof of the Pooperoo...

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

I believe it was a Speedycop special.
He had working propellers on one of his creations,They were attached to dryer ducting of some sort.
As soon as it got up to speed on the first straight, Boom! shrapnel everywhere!

Now I just want to go around and  attach a giant turd to the worst driver of the race on Saturday night.

We would of course wear the Turd for day one, giving us the undisputed right to the line.

But, in all bluntness, they look at Tech, they watch on track - debris does occur but it is not so much that I find it a safety hazard, The real debris of concern is still the debris of all budget racing - busted car bits.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker