Topic: best way to mount the aluminum fire suppression system lines

Just ordered a 4L  6 nozzle AFF  supression system, it comes with all of the bottle mounting hardware but there doesn't seem to be any hardware for mounting the lines that supply the nozzles.   I don't want them flopping around all willy nilly,  I have plenty of the rubber lined clamps that I ran self tapping screws through for the wiring,  but is there a nice solution specific for the aluminum lines I can buy?

2 (edited by jimbbski 2017-01-19 02:08 PM)

Re: best way to mount the aluminum fire suppression system lines

Use Adel clamps!  These are rubber lined metal clamps.  You can get Aero Space quality or cheap import made but it's what you should use.

I have seen them sold in major home improvement stores (Check the electrical dept.), auto parts stores, etc. You can get them on Amazon or Ebay too!

Linky!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/adel-clamps

jimbbski wrote:

Use Adel clamps!  These are rubber lined metal clamps.  You can get Aero Space quality or cheap import made but it's what you should use.

I have seen them sold in major home improvement stores (Check the electrical dept.), auto parts stores, etc. You can get them on Amazon or Ebay too!

Linky!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/adel-clamps

harbor freight sells them as well (-:

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

There are also purpose made clamps that we used.

"Pegasus racing has them as SPA Design Nylon Support Clamp for 6mm (1/4") Tubing". Pretty satisfied with them, really.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

The ones that Summit sells are pretty nice quality, and not very expensive either.

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

ah I have a few bags of those, I just didn't know they were called adel clamps,   I know of like these SPA design sells though, very slick I think i'll order some.  Thank you.

FInally any suggestions on placement of nozzles, it's an e30 coupe, and I've got 6 nozzles, I just don't know where to put them, I've seen posts of people only running 4 nozzles to keep the pressure up so I'm thinking 2 on the motor and 2 on the me. but where should they be angled, how far does the spray go out etc.