Re: Retreat from Moscow 2017, who is going? and in what?

It was one of those random, head tilted sideways, you can't be real, conversations. I pulled up the proportioning valve on my phone and showed him on their website. He said you have to order it directly and they will be  delivered to your house. I'm not sure if it was company policy or just some amazing old wives tales that have been passed down between employees

The two hot rod shops I found were amazing though. One had their own chump team racing an E30. Cool to find these places  in your own backyard.

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

Somewhere north of 200 test drive miles. The "DANGER TO THE MANIFOLD AND/OR DRIVELINE" noises are all predictable and happen under largely avoidable circumstances (the exception being tight turns, such as into parking lots and driveways).

Somehow, this is not a bad car. It even appears to be getting acceptable fuel economy.

If I can fix the intermittent wipers and cruise control, it might actually become a good highway car.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Cruise control!? That is just showing off.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

I know, it's unholy.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

130 (edited by warwagon 2017-01-25 08:16 AM)

Is the NSA watching us...?? Is Julian Assange in the next LeMon over from us???
Someone stole our thoughts almost word-for-word !

If I can fix the intermittent wipers and cruise control, it might actually become a good highway car.

We think we are ready... so I know we are doomed.

131 (edited by gogmorgo 2017-01-25 09:39 PM)

Left the garage for the first time since it rolled in there in October. Engine came out in October, didn't go in until a week ago. Hasn't run since August. Hasn't been driven much further than around the block since June at least. At least not until yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnIRPr4YhI
Took it 100 miles round-trip just now on a beer run (I live in the middle of nowhere, okay?) over the twisty mountain road in the snowy, moosey, darkness. I'd say she's good to leave for 5,000 more on Friday.
If we're running a Russian car, are we chasing the rest of you? Or does it make us turn-coats?

Hey, not rallying, but I hope all of you that survive come to the race so us RealRacers (tm) can check out your rides and hear your great tales of bravery and heroism!

Best of luck to all!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

133 (edited by Sir Thomas Crapper 2017-01-27 08:07 AM)

double post

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

If anyone needs a room at the starting point hotel drop me a line, we booked two just in case and are going to drop one. It's 80.10 a night

Whelp. They let the Niva across the border a couple hours ago. The game is on.

Since this is the third Lemons race that will cause me to miss my sons birthday, I thought I would just leave this here. In case he finds it when he's older.

https://youtu.be/ZepWAE7WYAw

1973ish ford bronco - 3 speeds but none are fast.

adamspn wrote:

If anyone needs a room at the starting point hotel drop me a line, we booked two just in case and are going to drop one. It's 80.10 a night

We'll bite on that hotel room. How best to contact you? My email's gogmorgo at gmail.

Just sent ya an email with my buddy Eric copied who booked it!

139 (edited by ac2aca 2017-01-28 10:54 PM)

I cant go because my car is not done , so I will be offering a free roadside assistance 50 miles either side of buffalo ny . I have an F 250 with plow . I can pull you out of a ditch / bring you tools /  or drive you to the nearest parts store .I can NOT tow on the NYS thruway .  I will be on CB ch2   . on the rally FB page . this forum . and steve mcdaniel will have my cell number

Judge Phil wrote:

http://truckholic.com/e/2016/11/2017-mercedes-benz-s550-side-view-exterior-headlights-and-alloy-wheels-2017-mercedes-s550-release.jpg

I thought about flying out and buying a hooptie GM car near the airport, but instead I'm going to take the points penalty for a press car and drive one of these.

You know, they make REAL cars on the other side of Stuttgart...