Re: Where and when is everybody leaving from.

Anyone in Chicago got a couple couches to crash on? Looking at getting in on Sunday evening and cannon balling to Dunmore on Monday, hopefully with a couple other teams maybe. Or if we get a bit further than Chicago that wouldn't hurt anything I guess.

27 (edited by warwagon 2017-01-27 09:03 PM)

6am Sunday departure...  zzzz

gogmorgo wrote:

Anyone in Chicago got a couple couches to crash on? Looking at getting in on Sunday evening and cannon balling to Dunmore on Monday, hopefully with a couple other teams maybe. Or if we get a bit further than Chicago that wouldn't hurt anything I guess.

Sent you a "forum email", whatever that is. I have a couch and air mattress available. Let me know how to reach you and I will send details.

Forum emails seem to end up in some black hole somewhere. I've checked spam folders even and can't find them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can email me directly at gogmorgo at gmail, and I'll send you my cell number. Thanks a ton, BTW. I'm picking up my teammate in Minneapolis tomorrow around noon (I'm at a rest stop about 100 miles west of there right now) so hopefully won't be getting in too much later than 8pm. The Niva seems much happier bombing along at 70mph than I expected. I mean it's obviously way out of its element in the interstate, and is turning 4K rpm and the road and wind and engine noise is atrocious but all things considered not too bad.

Currently 45 minutes into my trip up the east coast (central florida to new Hampshire) to see, touch and lick (maybe not in that order) my rally car for the first time. There's no way this carefully laid plan can fail.

Hell On Wheels "Totally Not a Rental Car" Chrysler 300
Retreat From Moscow "Traded a Bar Tab for a Wagon" Subaru Legacy
Monterey Car Weeeeak -Dishonorable Mention- "Cocoa Beach A.S.S. Team" Oldsmobile Wagon
Fail Inc Motorsports Intergalactic Headquarters

31 (edited by gogmorgo 2017-01-28 06:20 PM)

Take what I said about the Niva in check. Front wheel bearings aren't doing so hot. Hopefully they hold out for the 80 miles to Minneapolis. Might end up being a bit later to Chicago depending on how wheel bearing changing goes.

Leaving Marietta GA at 0700 tomorrow.

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner